“Lahaina Shores - Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free in 2015!
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Noosaville, Australia
“Lahaina Shores - Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at Lahaina Shores while we were in Maui. The accommodation was great value for money. The area has many 5 star hotels but all are fairly expensive per night. Lahaina Shores offered a great location, quality accommodation (especially the new rooms) and the staff were very good. I recommend online booking as we got some excellent value 3 day packages.

Room Tip: There are plenty of hire places close by for beach equipment. We used Polynesian Canoe Tours right n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Cherry Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Just returned from a 10 day trip with 8 other family members. We had a total of 5 rooms. All had ocean view rooms and were nicely appointed with a full size kitchen in each room! Staff was friendly and wonderful to deal with. Had a small glitch when we first arrived, but was handled promptly. Will definitely stay there again! On the west end of town away from the bustle and noise of downtown, but was a very easy walk into town. Although there was not restaurant on site, there were a couple adjacent to the resort as well a a small convenience store. It is the only place that we will stay when we go again!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are best on upper floors. We were on the 6th floor and had exquisite views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fayetteville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It was clean. The beach was a little small and not very smooth, but the coral in the ocean was nice to see. It made it a little hard to enjoying the ocean waters. The pool and hot-tub was nice. The hotel concierge was helpful. The convenience to the shopping and restaurants was the best part.

I enjoyed my stay but if I ever go back, I may try a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
whakatane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Location: great on the beach , walk to town easily, Nice pool everything very clean .Hotel service brilliant and friendly .Would I stay again yes I would.Suited us perfectly. Room we had was a little outdated but perfectly acceptable.
Airport access shuttle trip is about 30 to 40 minutes but posed no issues at all.

Room Tip: Get a front room middle of the building overlooking the beach .Higher floors gave more panoramic v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was the first trip to Maui for my wife, our 14 yr old daughter and I. We booked an ocean-view room for six nights at the Lahaina Shores beach resort. Maui was great, the resort was great, All the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was cleaned daily. We loved the beach, our meals and margarita's at Bettie's Cafe, the people at the nearby convenience store, the walks in near by Lahaina downtown,the snorkinling and snuba activities that took off from nearby harbor. the Old Lahaina Luau was within minutes (driving) from the resort. The one little problem we had was the beach gate lock was a little hard to unlock some times.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is defintely worth it
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This place is the bomb and it has everything RIGHT there. Clean, smooth beach, pool, hot tub, mini-store next door, 3 minute walk to the heart of Lahaina town. This place is idea for a relaxing vacation with easy, no drive needed, entertainment. I love being able to go out on the town with friends and just walking back. All that Lahaina has to offer!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I spent the second week of our honeymoon in Maui. My father gifted us his time share, and Lahaina Beach Shores was what was available for the week we were there (6/28/14-7/5/14).

When we checked in, we were greeted warmly and kindly. The gentleman at the desk was very pleasant and went over everything about the facility with is. My husband parked the car and I went up to the room. I was shocked when I opened the door, for it looked like the Golden Girls house in the late 70s, it smelled horrible (although it was very clean...the smell may have been the old carpet) and I did not want to stay. I was very upset. My husband went downstairs and immediately upgraded us to a premier ocean front room. The gentleman and female manager were SUPER accommodating and moved us. Our new room was updated and beautiful, much more suitable for our honeymoon excursion.

PROS:
1.) the staff and maid service was impeccable!

2.) the view is fabulous! You have a perfect view of the sunset every night.

3.) very short walk to downtown Lahaina. Always something to do!

4.) it has a pool and hot tub (open 7am-10pm), grills and is beach front. There is an activity concierge who can assist you in booking any excursions.

CONS:
1.) no fitness center or spa or dining in the facility

2.) old, dated laundry services on each floor

3.) the ocean is rocky; we'd recommend water shoes

4.) you can't bring the lounge chairs from the pool area out the gate to the beach. If you're a beach bum like me, I'd bring or purchase a chair if you plan on spending any long amounts of time directly on the beach.

5.) each unit is individually owned and updated, so no two rooms look alike. Our first was horrible with a double bed, our second was much more modern and beautiful with a queen. Of recommend calling ahead to make sure you're in a premier room. It's worth the extra money!

6.) it does have parking, but only the premier rooms get to park in front. Other rooms can park in the parking garage next door, but it's validated by the hotel via orange placard they give you for your dash.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!