“Ok, but not that romantic” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
5th Night Free in 2015!
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Dallas, TX
“Ok, but not that romantic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2004

My husband and I had planed on staying here on our honeymoon - planed I say because we ended up checking out and changing hotels that night. The room was clean, but that was about it. The walls were paper thin and we could clearly hear our neighbors, we were staying in a mountian view room wich was right by the street and a neighboring bar, resulting in LOTS of noise (not that relaxing). On top of that, the bed was rock hard (and I am not usually picky!) and very small the decor very old looking, the carpet icky and the bathroom door stuck so everytime I had to "go" my husband would have to let me back out again! It was kinda funny, but NOT what we wanted for our honeymoon! It was an ok place, but i would equate it to a decent Motel 6. If you don't mind being around people and noise and want to be right next to the night life of Lahaina you would probably like it. Not the place for a peacefull or romantic vacation. In their defence though, my best friend ended up staying there on her honeymoon - in another room mind you, an oceanview room - had no complaints and liked it ok. We have been to Maui three times including that one and would not stay there again for the price unless you like LOTS of activity and not much romance or peace :) We prefer some of the accomodations and beaches a few miles north of there much better. Happy vacationing where ever you end up staying - Maui is the perfect Island and you will be sure to love it!

• Stayed June 2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2004

I have a hard time understanding why there would be any negative reviews of this hotel.
I just returned from Hawaii, the last week of April being spent at the Lahaina Shores. It exceeded all of my expectations !
I stayed in an oceanview on the third floor and it was a close to perfect as you can come for any amount of money. Big, airy room, well cared for, everything in very good condition, clean and very comfortable. The lanai looked over the grounds and the ocean, with a view of the luau next door in the evenings. Except for the evening entertainment ( which one can hardly complain about ), it was as peaceful and picture perfect as one could ask for. I even sat and watched the whales out in front of the hotel on two different evenings...amazing.
I would recommend the Lahaina shores to anyone, without hesitation...I can't think of one bad thing to say about my stay there. I absolutely loved it and will definitely stay there again.

I can understand those on the ground floor being unhappy...but that is to be expected in any hotel, at any price. If you want an oceanview and do not want to be on the ground floor, you have to pay the extra for it...anyone should know that. It would be no different in a $300 a night luxury hotel.

Pay the extra for an ocean view on the third floor or higher....you will not be disappointed and it will be worth every penny.
For those who care to complain about the little things...this is NOT a luxury hotel and they do not claim to be. If you want a five star....go and stay at a five star...and pay for it.
If you want a beautiful, quiet hotel, on the ocean, with a beautiful view and peaceful grounds only a few short blocks from downtown Lahaina....stay here.
I got every single dollar's worth out of my stay here...and more.

State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2004

We definetely plan to stay here when we go back. The hotel is older, but we never wanted to stay in the room anyway. The staff was also extremely helpful and nice. The thing I liked best about this place is that it is smaller and relatively quiet. The proximity to Front Street is great. There are lots of good restaurants within walking distance and enough touristy shops to keep any woman intrigued. Of all the islands we went to Lahaina was our favorite area.

• Stayed January 2004

Been to Lahaina Shores Beach Resort? Share your experiences!