You need to know that all the condos here are privately owned. Some are updated, and others are not. Very important to make sure you know what you are booking! We talked to one man at the pool that was in a unit where he said everything was child sized - height of counters, bathtub, everything.
We stayed in 706 owned by Tom Myers. Loved it here. It is a penthouse overlooking the mountains. Beautiful place. When you are booking, ask about the cleaning. We were here for a month and never had anyone come and clean for us. I thought it would be once a week or something like that. I think you just need to be clear when you book as to what your expectations are. The unit is large - bedroom is beautiful, full kitchen, great living space! Our boys came to stay for a week - do NOT put adults in the pull out bed - it is NOT adequate. Would be okay for smaller children though, I think. This penthouse is on the mountain side which I thought might not be good, but it is a beautiful view!!! It was so nice to wake up to.
If you are bothered by noise, you will have to shut the doors at night - not a hardship (the air conditioning works great), but the bar next door gets noisy sometimes.
When we come back (and we will), we will be looking at booking on the ocean side - would love to be able to hear the waves and watch the whales from higher up. Like I said, though, be careful when you are booking so you have an updated unit. Apparently the strata is putting all the units in a pool and 30 have to be updated every year - but owners don't have to participate if they book the unit privately.
The location of Lahaina Shores is PERFECT! It is a very short walk to town, but away from the hustle and bustle and it is right on the beach. A busy day on the beach was less than 20 people as far as we could see. The beach side is on a reef, so you don't have big waves, and you do need water shoes if you want to go out walking. We just went to some of the other beaches if we wanted to body surf.
There is a kayak rental place and a surf school right next door. They were extremely nice and very helpful.
Front Street (main street in Lahaina) is looking a little bit tired and needs some updating - but we loved wandering at night. Wednesday night the Pioneer Inn has an amazing rock and roll band and there are people dancing in the streets. They end at 8:00 though so you have to go early. The town seems to roll up and go to sleep by 10:00 every night, so not much nightlife if that is what you are looking for.
I will write other reviews about some of the places we shopped and ate.
Bottom line - we loved it here and will certainly be back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to oceanfront living right in the heart of Lahaina Town. Lahaina Shores Beach Resort is a landmark in historic Lahaina town. This ocean front condo resort features spacious studio, one bedroom and one bedroom penthouse condos with full kitchens and oversized lanais. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lahaina Shores Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Shores Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Shores Maui
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort Maui