“A Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
Calabash, North Carolina
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just spent seven nights here and really enjoyed ourselves. The property and staff were terrific. The location is outstanding as it is close to Lahaina and many great restaurants and shopping. The concierge was very helpful in helping us with reservations for activities and dining.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor with a great ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have avoided the Hawaiian islands since the late 80s. Everything was crowded, expensive, and worn out. Well, 30 years later and I kick myself for not coming back sooner. Lord, this is heaven on earth.
We stayed 4th floor ocean view, 2 bedroom unit. Absolutely spotless. Full kitchen, completely supplied, full laundry, 2 baths, soaker tub, modern furniture, beautiful deck with full ocean view. I paid a little extra for the ocean view, so I could sit and watch the storms roll thru the sunset. Incredible.
Everyone was very nice, helpful. Staff was spot on. People in the stores, restaurants, beaches, were smiling, happy! Wow. Where do you ever see this many happy people?
The grounds were well maintained. The beach is right there. We had rented a car, but stores and restaurants are all an easy walk. 10 days here and the hardest part was leaving. I will return, every chance I get. Hmmmm. I think I have some time in August.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sherman Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

After reading the reviews I really do not have much to add other than this is, the most spacious, perfect for family, best located, reason to keep visiting Maui. I have already booked our second trip to this property - first week in August. We are looking forward to visiting again and again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! I did a lot of research and read many reviews on Tripadvisor, talked to friends and ravel Agents and had narrowed down my choices - The Whaler, Kaanapali Ali and Honua Kai. The clincher was guidance from Costco and a Costco package that I was able to get at the Kaanapali Ali. This was absolutely the right choice for an upscalecondo with freiendly helpful staff and a great location. One word for the Kaanapali Ali - FABULOUS! My family asked if we could extend our stay or come back again every year (and we hadn't even left).

The location is absolutely perfect. We were a family of 4 - a 13 year old daughter and 15 year old son. The kids could go down to the pool or off to Whaler's Village on their own and I felt perfectly comfortable. Short walk to restaurants and 5 minute drive to grocery store. Housekeeping kept us stocked with coffee, which is an added bonus. We love our morning coffee and I called to ask if I could get an additional bag the first morning. They brought it right up and then made sure we were restocked with 3 bags every day.

The facility is very clean, well kept and the staff super friendly and helpful. The common grills were very clean and the grilling chef gave my husband some tips as he grilled our dinner for us. They even had various rubs to use. Sipping wine, watching the sun set and grilling dinner, what could be better. I really like the tables and chairs that are set-up by the grills and the flat screen TV so you can just sit back and relax and make new friends.

Our unit (#456) was spectacular!! I did all the travel arrangements for our 2 week trip. When my family walked in to this unit, their eyes popped and they all said WOW. I was ready to move in permanently. The 2 bedroom partial ocean view was upscale, spacious and very clean. It has a wonderful lanai with comfy cushioned furniture that I enjoyed my morning coffee and evening wine while being lulled by the ocean and the spectacular sunsets.

I checked the other resorts while we were there and when we go back, you can bet we will return her :) Thank you to the staff at Kaanapali Ali and the owner of #456 for sharing paradise with us for my dream vacation!

Room Tip: Unit 456 is upscale with granite and tile throughout. Really nice comfy furniture on the lanai with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I just got home from our second visit to the Alii, and I miss it already!

We got an upgraded unit this time - #285. It seems to be an owned suite - it was definitely a 2 bedroom, but the master suites were locked and it is rented as a 1 bedroom. We got the benefit of the bigger living/dining area though, and views all around! We had the West Maui mountains from the dining room and sitting area, and a huge lanai facing the pool and ocean with a multi-panel sliding door that opened all the way up. I was floored - we weren't expecting to have a corner unit! There's a lot of nice accent lighting in this unit as well, including dim floor lighting on a motion sensor in the bathrooms at night - genius! The internet is wired in the rooms. There is some wi-fi at the pool, but it doesn't seem to reach the rooms. I brought my laptop, so it wasn't a problem. it was nice to be able to upload all our pictures to flickr as we went and not have to use slow wireless for that. The connection to the wired internet is free now and pretty good speed.

The pool area was just like we remembered and not crowded at all this time of year. They have a new pool card system, but we usually bring our own towels. There was quite a fee if you lost a towel card, so we just left ours by the phone in our unit.

This is the first time we have been snorkeling, and I wish I had known - we would have done more of it last time! It's an easy walk over to Black Rock from the Alii and the snorkeling there in the early morning was fantastic! We also made good use of the grill area - they even put in a fresh herb garden for you to pick from and there are plenty of utensils and plates to use. The grills were always nice and clean when we were there. Nothing like fresh marlin steaks on the lanai at night!

Once again, the worst part is getting on the elevator with our luggage at checkout. It's so hard to say goodbye to a place this amazing. We'll be back for sure!!

Room Tip: If you can get 285, you're in for a great view and awesome lanai! Unit has nice upgrades and li...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lahaina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Best Condo on Maui for Families with Teenagers. Kids can walk to beach, shopping and pool. Each condo has a lanai with beautiful ocean views and a nice breeze for sitting outdoors. The staff is very service oriented and friendly. Centrally located on Kaanapali Beach. Our family had a wonderful time together at the Alii, no need to drive everywhere, just use the condo as a base. Wonderful Location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Weston Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the perfect location for our Maui Vacation. Lots of restaurants and shopping within close walking distance and Lahani Town is only 5 minutes drive away.
The condo staff was very accommodating and responsive to all of our needs and the condo unit was immaculate and very up to date.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kaanapali Alii? Share your experiences!