This was our first trip to Hawaii and after countless hours of research and reading reviews we decided on the Kaanapali Alii and picked unit #356 oceanfront via VRBO. Best decision EVER.
Most of the units are individually owned so they vary largely in price and luxury. Our particular unit was probably the nicest place in the entire property, completely renovated and perfect for our family of 5. If you can afford it, oceanfront is a must. It is only the large beach between you and the ocean and we loved sitting on our lanai watching the whales. From speaking with other guests, not everyone was raving about their unit so a good rule of thumb for this property is to do your research and shop around for a unit that suits your needs and budget.
We loved the grilling stations by the water and really appreciated having the guidance of the grilling chef on hand to help. The herb garden was such a nice touch too! The pools and gardens are beautiful and the property is on a beautiful stretch of Kaanapali Beach. From walking along the beach walk and seeing other hotels, nothing compares to this place. It is simply the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expansive one and two-bedroom condos range from 1,500 to 1,900 square feet offering one of the finest accommodations on Maui. Each are individually decorated and furnished with all the amenities that you’d expect from a resort hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Kaanapali Alii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaanapali Alii Hotel Lahaina
- Kaanapali Alii Maui/Lahaina