This was our first visit to Maui, and what a great decision we made to stay in Papakea. I started hunting around the resorts in Kaanapali. The obvious choice based on reviews were to go for Kaanapali shores or Beach club, but luckily the booking deals for these didn’t went through and then we went for Papakea as suggested by our booking agent. What a great decision we made. The major difference between all these high story buildings (Kaanapali shores, Beach club) versus Papakea is the feel of staying in a hotel versus at your home. It’s obvious, Papakea is 13 acres condo style property with not so huge buildings and you ought to feel less congested. The Kaanapali shores is just adjacent to Papakea, where the beach frenzy folks can easily walk through to see the crowded swimming pools and the common areas. If you want to feel and enjoy your privacy and enjoy the beautiful landscaping, close to nature with so many beautiful flora and fauna and also around the main beaches then Papakea is the place. It was definitely a blessing in disguise for our family of four with 2 kids. All of us enjoyed each and every moment of our stay. The Papakea staff was very helpful and considerate. They allowed us for a late checkout to accommodate my late evening flight. I have also seen not so good review comments about the security folks. My experience was actually completely opposite. They are so very nice and friendly; if you don’t want to sleep early and want to hop around then go and talk to them. “Duy” the security guy was very good and helpful.
We stayed in a one bedroom suite in C block. It was a nice and clean unit and very efficient daily maid service. We don’t remember a single day in our 7 days stay when the room cleaning or linen and towels were not replaced properly. The bed was comfortable and most importantly the sleeper sofa mattress was very comfortable which we have never experienced anywhere in our previous stays to many resorts all over US. I am definitely going to come back at Papakea without a second thought. Our kids concur each and every statement I made here.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At Papakea Hotel Lahaina
- Papakea Resort
- Aston At Papakea Hotel
- Resortquest Papakea Resort
- Papakea Resort Maui
- Papakea Maui
- Resortquest Papakea
- Aston At Papakea Resort Maui/Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A garden paradise on "The Magic Isle". This picturesque oceanfront resort is nestled amid 13 acres of lush tropical landscaping and expansive lawns bordered by flower-lined paths. The resort offers a variety of on-site amenities and activities - with restaurants, galleries and shops of Lahaina and Kaanapali Beach just moments away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal , Venere, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Aston at Papakea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.