Quality of the accommodation is more like what you would expect of an inexpensive Inn.
Building is old and room had stained wallpaper and very stained carpets.
Bathroom area had very obvious patchwork. faucet tap falls off and bath tub plug didn't fit
Sides of kitchen stove were filthy (visible through space between counter).
Uncomfortable bed, and headboard not attached properly so it rattled against the wall every time you moved.
Minimal cleaning done daily.
In room coffee on day one only even though you pay same rate for each day.
Quaint rattan furniture that gathers a lot of dust and difficult to clean
Artificial potted plants that also accumulate dust
This accommodation is more directed toward independent condo owners and not a service approach you would expect at a hotel or resort
The lanai was biggest disappointment. It was basically a railing you could look over after you open your balcony doors.
Glass balcony doors were very dirty and never cleaned during stay
Pay for daily parking but park 2-3 blocks away, because nearby parking reserved for condo owners
May not get parking if you go out in the evening and get back after 11.
Pool over-run by unsupervised small children
Daily local paper provided for owners only
No evening activities close by so you need a car to go to activities at other resorts.
Be prepared to pay for beach amenities, like on beach loungers and boogie boards etc
Managers reception was well attended with free Mai Tai's and local entertainer, but manager shouted greetings all through the solo concert and guests were obviously embarrassed for the entertainer.
Their Claim to fame is new lobby and pool upgrade, but it's unimpressive when you visit other hotels in the area.
The plus is having a kitchen and this was fully equipped
West Maui is so saturated with resorts and condos, that people should check out their options.
We would not return to this one.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Maui
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookIt.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.