My husband and I stayed in a Studio Ocean View condo for one week to celebrate our anniversary. We got a great deal online for booking for a full week. Upon arrival, we wished that our ocean view was a little closer to the actual ocean, but none of the ocean view studios are particularly close. We still had a great view though -- We could see part of the garden below, the pool, and the ocean (room 419)! Under "special requests" during online booking, I specifically said that I did NOT want a murphy bed (as I read that some rooms have them). When we arrived, we were given a room with a murphy bed (room 418). Luckily the person working the front desk in the evenings, Anthony, was really fantastic! He immediately looked up other ocean view studios that we could trade. There were only 2 open, but luckily we loved one of them! When he saw that we were also celebrating our anniversary, he had someone send up a bottle of champagne. It was so sweet and definitely a nice way to be welcome to Maui! The room itself was great. It was very spacious and had everything that we needed. I would have liked for it to have a little more lighting, but it was a minor issue and didn't ruin our vacation. The shower seemed dated and old, but that was also a minor issue that didn't ruin our stay.
On the first morning of your stay, there is a continental welcome breakfast to welcome you to the island. There were muffins, fruit, and coffee. During this welcome breakfast, someone from the Aloha Concierge gives you tips of things to do/see on the island. It was great! We didn't feel like they were trying to sell us anything -- they just wanted to help us have a great stay. At the end of the breakfast, there is a raffle for free activities! We won one free ticket for a half day of snorkeling in Lanai ($93 value). It was great! (There were a lot of other things that you could win as well.)
The pool was fantastic. There was always plenty of seating and umbrellas. The pool is also big enough that you don't feel crowded. The beach that the property is on is fabulous! Unlike the beaches to the left and right of the villas, it was never crowded! The view is fantastic and there are no rocks on the beach. The hotel rents cabanas for a half day, full day, or week. We rented one for a day ($25) and I thought it was quite pricey. However, it was nice to have some shade in the heat of the day, because without the cabana or your own umbrella there is no shade at all. It was also nice having lounge chairs. We were visiting from Japan so it would have been a waste to purchase our own chair or try to bring something. I definitely think that the hotel should provide some beach chairs free of cost. It really surprised me that hardly any hotels in Hawaii do that. It would definitely be a value-add for the hotel. If they just brought some pool loungers to the beach, it would be perfect. (The pool chairs are way more comfortable than the cabana ones anyway!) Also, please note that if you charge anything to your room (from the beach hut), there is an additional fee that was described to me as "tax." It was small, but annoying that I felt like I was being nickel and dimed.
The wifi in the room was very slow. You had to log in every single time and it was kind of tedious. Since we were paying an additional "activity fee" daily, I thought that the wifi should be a little better. However, at least wifi was included!
My husband and I visited the spa on our anniversary. We each had a "tropical ocean package." It was great. The spa employees were very amicable and made sure that we were comfortable. We even received an additional military discount on the services which was great! If you do go to the spa though, bring a credit card or cash because you can't charge it to your room!
Overall, the service here was excellent. We got great sleep and thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. The location was great. We were close to "downtown" Lahaina but far enough that it was quiet and not as busy. We definitely recommend this hotel. We had a great time!
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Maui
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookIt.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.