We booked through expedia, so we did not have a specific room assignment. We were assigned a king bed garden view room at first, but when we went in, realizing it was one of the "dated" units, we opt to see a few more rooms. We saw a couple more and finally settled on a somewhat renovated unit with 2 double beds. We had corner room 135 in the Banyan building. kitchen looked redone with granite counter tops, clean appliances, tiled floor, it had everything we need for cooking a few meals. Beds were comfortable and housekeeping came everyday. The Banyan building worked perfect for us because we were away from the pool noise but not more than 2 minute walk away from it and the beach.
I need to extend a much needed Mahalo to the housekeeping staff for the few times they had to clean sand out of our condo thanks to the hubby's morning beach runs! The grounds keepers were also amazing, we saw them out there everyday cutting the grass, cleaning up, all day long.
The beach right outside of the resort was picture perfect, clean white sand, water was beautiful and clear for swimming, lounging. Although there wasn't much coral to snorkel around right out front, take a 5 minute walk to the Westin and you can swim with turtles and the hundreds of colorful fish. Suggestion, drive out to Kahana (5 minutes up north) and rent good snorkel gear for $5 (24hrs) or $10 (an entire week) and boogie boards ($4/$8). (The activity shack charges $10 for 24hr snorkel gear and $10 for an hour for the boogie board!)
The Castaway cafe was great for a quick lunch a few days when we were lounging at the pool and playing on the beach. Prices were very reasonable, the bartenders (Wayne) made us feel right at home. The Happy Hour drink prices were also unbeatable.
The only complaint we really have was that the front desk staff didn't have as much aloha as we have come to expect in Hawaii. The one lady who checked us in wasn't unfriendly, but she wasn't exactly welcoming either. Oh well, we only had a couple of interactions with her, so no big deal.
Overall, would definitely stay here again, it's very family friendly (many young families with kids between toddler ages up to 7 and grandparents too!), and it's also couple friendly. We would highly recommend MKV to family and friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina