We are shocked at the bad reviews. Our experiences here have been completely different and absolutely wonderful. We have stayed three times at Kaanapali Villas, including twice in the last two weeks (they were full due to spring break so we had to move down the road for a few days in the middle) and once for ten days several months ago. We just got back yesterday from the latest trip. The condo units were updated, clean and comfortable. This time we experienced both a studio and a one bedroom- both of which were awesome. The one bedroom this weekend had granite in the kitchen and bath. Housekeeping even did the dishes (unlike the Aston Maui Kaanapali Shores which thinks housekeeping is simply swapping out towels and sheets and charges you a fee every time you turn around). The front desk was super helpful--JOE, in particular, is amazing. (We love you, Joe!) We have a three year old and a six year old and found kids are ABSOLUTELY welcome--in fact the front staff and housekeeping all made a point to talk to them every time they saw them. The ocean pool has a lovely, inviting atmosphere- even during the height of spring break there was room for everyone and the other guests were really nice. A nice mix of owners and guests-- and the owners we met were welcoming and interesed in talking to us rather than being annoyed we were there like at some other resorts we've experienced. The beach out front is sandy and great for swimming. A few hundred yards towards the Westin has good snorkeling. (Even our six year old could handle it.) We have stayed at other Astons both in Maui and on Kauai, and like this one the best.
We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. We are pretty picky, too--again, we are shocked at the other reviews.
Hint: if it gets rough and you have little kids, a car, and you don't mind driving to see another part of the island, a drive over to the Kihei boat ramp is a good option. It's about a half hour, but there is a very small beach there the locals use and it's protected because in a little cove and it's near the ramp. A friend who lives there told us about it. After that, stop for pizza at Pizza Madness in Kihei. Really good pizza!)
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Maui
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.