seems by the reviews that this place is hit or miss. We had two "hits." My husband and I and our 2 daughters (4 and 6) stayed for a week in february. We went with another family with children the same age. We both got garden view one bedrooms. We both ended up with an ocean view on the second floor (between us and the ocean was an empty lot.) We were in the coconut building which at first was disappointing because it was the furthest from the beach, but really only a short stroll, parking was no hassle, it was quiet, and again the ocean view was very nice. the bedroom was an upstairs loft so not really private. the carpet looked like it had just been replaced, the bed was comfortable enough, the hidabed in the living room not very comfy but I have never slept on one that was. the bathroom was large with a separate area for the sinks and a large walk-in shower (the other family we were with had a tub shower combo).
The appliances were fine. the furniture could have been updated but all really quite acceptable. There was a table on the lanai for four and the table inside sat four, so dinner with all of us worked well putting the inside table as close to the lanai as possible. Dinner everynight watching the sunset, pretty perfect.
There were 2 pools, we mostly swam in the smaller quieter one that was closer to our building. The BBQs were very nice. There is a typical laundry mat type building on site to do laundry. I never went in the gym. Decent coffee set out every morning in the lobby to grab before you walk on the beach.
The people here were all ages, shapes and sizes. Variety of owners and renters. We never felt uncomfortable or out of place.
I really can not think of any thing to complain about, but reading the reviews it seems that not all the units were as nice as ours. It was interesting that the family we traveled with booked through Costco and us through Expedia and we were able to get rooms right next to each other and nearly identical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Aston Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina