We stayed at the MKV for 7 nights. Intially we had a room on the 6th floor of the tower with an oceanview on a step out patio. The view was nice but the room was below what we expected. While the decor was somewhat outdated, that was the least of our concerns. It was grungy and dusty. The bed was uncomfortable. The doors, door knobs and light switches didn't look like they had been cleaned since the 70s. The carpet and ceiling had stains. The dust behind the bed and nightstands as well as in the bathroom was gross. Perhaps it has always just been surfaced cleaned. If this unit was cleaned better, given a fresh coat of paint and a new floor, it would be great. We asked if we could change rooms and were willing to pay for an upgrade. After some searching we were given the option to have a ground level room in the Dolphin building that had a full patio. This room was much better. We were really impressed the staff. Francis went out his way to find us a suite that we were happy with despite this being a very busy time for the resort. Our new room gave us quick access to the pool and to the beach. My only recommendation would be for cleaning staff to dust the door slats every now and then and to wipe down the doors in the bathroom areas within the suites. Also to ensure the bedding is clean. We found what looked like blood stains on the top sheet. After this was changed on our first night, our bed sheets were not changed during our stay and it would have been nice if they were changed at least once.
The MKV has a restaurant on site. We enjoyed the food and the views, especially at breakfast where there was nice views of the nearby islands and whales could be seen from the shore. The food and staff were also good. Pool and hot-tub was nice to have. Easy access to the beach which was not crowded and offered excellent snorkeling and had a booth for renting chairs, snorkel equipment, etc. There is also a beachwalk that connects all the properties in the Kaanapali resort area. A free shuttle bus was available that can take you to Whaler's Village for shopping and restaurants. Other amenities on the property includes the gym, which needs a good cleaning. Also there is a spa. There services there are good but the decor needs updating. It is a dark dank little room that is not very appealing.
Most of the people staying at MKV seem to be owners and at times it felt a bit cliquey. The average age of the people staying at MKV is quite a bit older than we expected but at least there was not a lot of partying or loud people. It was very quiet in the evening which we did not mind but if you are looking for night time activities or a more outgoing resort atmosphere, this is not the place to stay. There were lots of families with young children.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and if visiting the island again, would consider staying again at the Maui Kaanapali Villas.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Maui
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.