“Good place for family!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Lahaina
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Good place for family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed 5 days and had a partial ocean IWe on 7 th floor. Place had a well setup kitchen, washer and dryer, and nice sized living room and lanai.just REALLY wished we could open the bedroom window more than 6 inches!! The breeze and ocean is so lovely yet we only get 6 inches when we sleep. If there is a safety issue put a bar across so children can't fall out.

Room Tip: Ask where your room will be facing. There are some poor garden views and partial ocean views. The hi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A great place to relax and unwind. We had 5 nights here and really enjoyed it. It was great to have a full kitchen to be able to save on breakfasts and lunches for a few days!! Also good to have our own washing machine and dryer. Bed was very comfortable, however our 16 year old daughter had a fold out couch in the lounge room which was not so comfortable. May be ok for a younger child.

Room Tip: We had a partial ocean view with great views of the beach and sunset!! The only problem were the bir...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
St.Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We recently stayed at Aston Kaanapali Shores and were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews. The check in process went very smooth and although we were disappointed with our first room they let us look at other available rooms and we picked a very nice one that we loved. The restaurant may not look fancy but the food was great and reasonable, the chef was very good. I thought the grounds were kept very nice and I liked the location. I enjoyed hearing the birds every day. I liked the fact that they had beach towels available and always a good supply of fresh ones. They had a nice Happy Hour each night and we enjoyed sitting by the beach and watching the sunset! Housekeeping was always pleasant and once they forgot to vine us coffee and we asked for some at the front desk and it was no problem. Although we did not cook there was everything we needed in the kitchen to cook a meal. I thought the water tasted fine and I loved having an ice maker. I also liked the group of craft people they brought in and the opportunity to make a lei or take hula lessons.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a 1 bedroom suite if you are a couple it's nice to have room to spread out.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I had a one bedroom condo with a gorgeous view of the pool and the ocean. Although I missed not having a jetted tub, the condo had everything else I needed including the convenience of a washer and dryer. The hallway closet was spacious and all the rooms were a very comfortable size providing plenty of room. Staff and residents (condos are individually owned so I met several residents) were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The location was good for jumping on the walking path that runs up the coast of much of the Kaanapali beach area. Snorkeling was good just outside the hotel. There is a nice grocery store, some dining options, and stores just across the street from the resort. I liked the gated parking with 24/7 security. I was there with a timeshare program, but loved it and would certainly stay there again. Of my three trips to Maui, I enjoyed staying here better than any other location.

Room Tip: Room numbers show distance from ocean. I loved unit 305 which was 3 unitsfrom ocean front but perfec...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Terrell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

THE BIRDS!!!! Kaanapali Shores is a beautiful place to stay. I stayed here for a week, actually I'm currently here as I type this, and it's a wonderful place. However, if you intend to sleep past 4am you may want to bring some ear plugs. There is a LARGE group of Miner birds that congregate in the trees by the garden pool every morning and they are NOISEY. I have a ocean view room and wanted to sleep with the doors open to get the sound and smell of the ocean and that works well until the birds show up. Even when you have the doors closed they are loud. I still would stay here again because I've walked up and down the beach and looked at the other places and Kaanapali Shores is the best I've seen. Next time I'll either bring ear plugs or spring for a ocean front room and hope the waves drown out the sound of the birds.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the garden if you want to sleep in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2BFair, Manager at Aston Kaanapali Shores, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
How wonderful to read of another very satisfied guest!

Many of our guests return each year because of the beautiful, tropical and homey feel of the resort. It appears that some birds feel the same way and grace us with their presence each day. What's noise to some is a welcomed bird song to others, but whatever your feeling regarding this, if guests choose not to want to hear the birds, simply closing the door usually does the trick.

Mahalo...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The room was outstanding with a full kitchen and washer & dryer!! We were greeted with such nice people and accommodations! Aston Kaanapali Maui made us fell like we were on the very special Hawaii vacation we planned and we felt like royalty. I wished we had spent our entire vacation at the Aston Kaanapali in Maui!! The views, the gardens, the room and of course the ocean! This was a real WOW for us. I wish every hotel room, staff and stay could be like the Aston Kaanapali Maui!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with washer and dryer so you can pack less clothes! The rooms are wonderful...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

On of my friends and I go to Hawaii each year for our annual shopping holiday and this year we decided to include 5 days in Maui. We received a recommendation from a friend to stay here and thought - why not!

The gardens, lawns, pool area and all surrounds are beautifully tended to - manicured paradise.

Our ocean view suite was lovely - modern and typical beach oriented furniture. It was cleaned daily, fresh towels and sheets as requested and the staff were friendly and attentive.

The Shores is suitable for singles, families, friends, couples - whatever really. It's totally relaxing and makes you stop and breathe.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The Ocean View Suite we had was up on Level 7 - good views, nice breeze and fairly quiet. Anything...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aston Kaanapali Shores? Share your experiences!