We stayed here as part of botched timeshare exchange at another location. We were only at this property for 2 days but it was a nice change from the place we had originally booked. Looking at some of the recent reviews for this property it just reinforces that expectations are everything.
We come to Hawaii for the weather, beaches and activities. It's true the beach in front of the hotel isn't great but there are so many great beaches on Maui we'd never expect to stay at the hotel the whole time anyway. It is a good beach for watching whales (in season) and green sea turtles. Likewise pools are very low on our priority list. The one time we used the pool it was late afternoon and there were plenty of chairs.
Overall the property is great and well taken care of. There are two pools and a number of sundry shops. We didn't have a chance to try any of the onsite restaurants. The little interaction we had with the staff was very positive.
We had a two bedroom that was perfect for the 3 of us (wife and 12 year old daughter). The bed was okay but the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. The only issue was that some of the living room furniture was a little dated. Nothing horrible just old. The lanai had a good setup for having breakfast and watching the whales.
Our room was on the 7th floor well back from the ocean but we still had a better view than many "ocean front" rooms we've had at other locations.
There was ample parking much of which was in a garage. There's a grocery store and a handful of restaurants just across the street
For a family this place is ideal with all the space, full kitchen and laundry facilities. I'm not sure I'd pick it for a romantic getaway though. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront on Kaanapali Beach, this magnificent condominium resort combines spacious, well-appointed suites with hotel-caliber services. Amenities include complete kitchens, WiFi, activity desk and a year-round kids program, Camp Kaanapali. This self-contained property also boasts a beachfront restaurant and bar, fitness center and spa featuring an indoor/outdoor massage service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Aston Kaanapali Shores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Hotel Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Maui Aston Kaanapali Shores Condominiums
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Condos
- Maui Resortquest Kaanapali Shores
- Kaanapali Shores Hotel
- Resortquest Kaanapali Shores Maui
- Kaanapali Shores Resort
- Aston Kaanapali Shores Maui/Lahaina