“Find someplace else...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Lahaina B&B and Inns
Alameda, California, United States
“Find someplace else...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We recently spent four miserable nights at the Old Lahaina House. We had the "deluxe"
room, upstairs, adjacent to the chain smoking landlady's lanai, without any windows to shut
the cigarette smoke out, (we used pillows against the louwers to block out some of the smoke). In the middle of the night we heard the rats, eating our two small bags of Famous
Amos chocolate chip cookies!!! We were also charged one extra night, at the rate of $180.34
that took us, with the help of our bank's security divisions help, almost a month to get re-credited to our account.
So our advise, find someplace else to stay. Aloha!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay this past Christmas.Good value, good location and wonderful host. Pool/garden has very nice feel.

Stana, Toronto

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

It was not my first time at the Old Lahaina House. I love this place! It is affordable, at a walking distance from downtown. And Sherry, who became a friend, is so sweet! This place is my home away from home on Maui.

Room Tip: My favorite room is the "mountain view" room.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Cavriago, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We spent four nights in this nice B&B. The house is located in a quiet place, just south of Lahaina (10mins by walk) and very close to the beach. Sherry is a very nice and helpful host. The rooms are essentials but comfortable with coffee machine and small refrigerator.
This definitely is a great value accommodation and we really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed here on night 2 of our 2 night 3 day tour. We selected this because we wanted to be within walking distance of the Old Lahaina Luau which is .5 miles away and so walking is good since the Luau is all inclusive and the drinks were great but that is another story.

This hotel is more like an old Inn. It is located in the heart of Lahaina about 1/2 block to the beach and all kinds of shopping. We had selected a room with two beds but were upgraded to a beautiful room with king bed with 1930's furniture. The Inn still has lots of natural wood throughout and it gives it a very elegant feeling.
The room was spacious and clean and opened up to a large balcony complete with rocking chairs overlooking the street.
Bathroom and lines were clean and this is what we look for in a budget accommodation.

The Inn is not staffed at night but has security code access. They provide coffee in the lobby in the morning and it is one of the new brew-a-cup type and so the quality of the coffee is great.

The hotel is associated with the Royal Lahaina Resort and so day priviliges of pool, towel, parking and beach access are provided.

The day staff were great and provided as much information as required. This is a little bit of a jewel and a great discovery.

Room Tip: As for something on the front street side.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed here in October 2004...promised I would leave a review but have only just gotten around to it as I'm planning my next trip! I was travelling solo and did my research as wanted somewhere affordable, safe and close to town. This place was a minute walk to a beautiful and quiet beach and a short stroll to the town centre of Lahaina. I stayed in the twin room (up the stairs) and the photos are accurate on the website. It was clean and tidy and had a small fridge, kettle, etc. that came in handy. I was out and about most of the time but it was fairly quiet when I was there. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. Didn't get to use the pool as I was too busy sightseeing but I really enjoyed the lovely garden and outlook...nice neighbourhood. Good value for money and I would stay again.

Room Tip: The other rooms (not twin) look a lot nicer...if you can afford them.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

This place was affordable, clean, and in a fabulous location. It is located a few blocks from downtown Lahaina and less than 200 feet from the ocean. The service was fabulous and friendly. They also provided surf lessons and tours of the island. If you love animals you will love this place that has plenty of animals around all the time. Overall I highly recommend this place to any traveler.

Room Tip: The pool side sweet is awesome!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Old Lahaina House? Share your experiences!