“Shark on the boat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 132 activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Lanakila is the only boat in Lahaina harbor meeting current EPA standards and is the most technology advanced boat available. Passengers can experience destinations previously unimaginable due to the design of this boat. Our boat is a fast as any raft., but go where they can't. Take a chance let your imagination roam and come out on the best boat on Maui.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Coquitlam
“Shark on the boat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well 1st off this was a trip of a lifetime!! Amazing sites and snorkelling. Great bang for your buck.
The crew was great especially the deck hands- and the trip lasted well beyond the time we were promised.
But word of warning to all single girls!!! don't be worried about the sharks in the water-be leary of the shark in the boat- Captain Dave- they should have a shark named after you.
Thank you to the rest of the crew for your professionalism- the dolphins were simply amazing.

Orange, California
11 attraction reviews
“Never a disappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

In the years that we have been vacationing in Maui, we try to do a whale watch everytime. Many years ago by accident we found Safari Boat Excursions. They had only been in business a couple of weeks so we weren't sure what we were going to get. But, the price and departure times were right so we jumped in. What a pleasure...not only that time bu for at least 5 other times that we have taken Safati. The crew is always a pleasure and they always try to accommodate every passenger's wishes. We have even ventured with their crew around Lanai. The trip of all trips. Seeing what seemed to be a couple hundred dolphins and playing with them made the day ever better than it had been. I tell everybody to go Safari and will never go anything but Safari outselves. P.S. Their treatment or return passengers is awesome!

Visited October 2011
Niagara Falls, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
“interesting...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

well, this trip was..intresting. we got on the boat after the consierge at our hotel recommended this snorkeling trip. I discovered very quickly that I was suscpetible to seasickness. we took about a hour and a half to get to our first stop and by then I just wanted to go home I was feeling so sick. Captian Dave (who is hilarious and I belive more resposible than he led us to beleive) told me to eat some bread to absorb the acids in my stomach. Now i dont know if thats true but it worked! The snorkeling was beautiful, we were the only boat around and the coral was gorgeous and a sea turtle swam right up to us! lunch was very good and the music was fun. I got to sit on the front of the boat with the sun on my face and the wind in my hair (bring sunscreen!) All 40 of us on the boat, thats right, only 40, had a great time. My only complaint was on the way back Dave went fast and his some rough waters, Everybody else LOVED this so I got why he did it. I, on the other hand, had a towel draped over my head and was praying my lunch would stay down. Now if i wasnt seasick the $150 we each paid would be worth it, for me...not so much

Visited August 2012
captaindavid14, Owner at Safari Boat Excursions, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for writing a review

I believe this is the 1st time I have responded to a 4 star review. I am sorry that you got sea sick. I have never been but have seen it enough to understand, it most be awful. Your review expressed how much you and everyone else loved the trip. Every aspect of it you loved except the fact that you got sea sick. I can not control sea sickness nor can any other boat or captain.

You said I went to fast on the way home actually if I had slowed down the motion would have been worse and the drive hours longer.To hide under your towel was the worst thing to do. I feel bad for those who get sea sick . We try to do what we can to assist those who do get sick. It's very difficult when people feel so bad the last thing they want to do is listen to your advice. They only as you said want to go home. Sad part is we can't.

Your review history say's the surfing goat dairy was your favorite thing to do on Maui. I recommend to anyone if you think the goat farm will be your favorite thing to do on Maui my trip is not for you.

I also ask as a favor to me and all the boats, boat captains, and boat companies on Maui. Please if you get sea sick on a boat don't write a review. I can only imagine that it was one of the longest day's of your life. It is not possible for you to have a good time when you fell so terrible. Much less write an objective review.

Has anyone who got sea sick wondered what it was like for the captain or crew? We do the cleaning.

While you were kind of enough to write nice things about us. Most people who get sea sick don't. So please if you think you get sea sick stay on land. You pay so much money to come to Maui why be miserable?

Please do yourself and all the captains and crew on Maui a favor stay dry. We will all be enjoying our day's so much more.

Captain David
Barstow, California
“Best Thing Yet on This 8 Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you do not do anything else while visiting Maui, you MUST do the Safari Boat Excursion. It circumnavigates the island of Lana'i. The crew of Captain Dave and Eli the 1st Mate was exceptional. They made sure that you were entertained the whole trip and were very knowledgible about every aspect of the island and the culture. Having seen the other excursion RAFTS and the way the passengers were getting tossed around, this is by far the BETTER of them all. Thanks again CAPTAIN DAVE & ELI for a wonderful ADVENTURE and not just a "Snorkeling" trip.
DO THIS, DO THIS, DO THIS, what ever you do, DO THIS ONE.

This was a family trip but was all adults so I am going to pick Family W/Teens

Lakenheath, United Kingdom
“The adventure of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We board our boat with only a handful of people welcomed by Dave the boat captain and Eric his crew. Our trip starts out with music from Gilligan's island (classic). Our adventure starts out and continues with Dave entertaining us with his boisterous personality and the history of Maui and the island of Lanai. We went in caves that were exhilarating being sprayed with water from the ocean floor. We snorkeled in remote areas with underwater caves and tunnels. Our crew sought out pods of dolphins for us to enjoy and even a turtle came to the surface to show off. There was cliff diving, roller coaster riding waves and more fun than one could imagine. Since Capt Dave does not own a watch his purpose is to give you the adventure of a lifetime. At the end we spent money on a 6 hour trip which turned into 9 hours with our new BFF from Maui.

I was on vacation 5 weeks and went on this trip 4 times. If you want an adventure of a lifetime this one is for you!