“Centrally located, average food, questionable service...” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 203 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Doing business, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy Breakfast, Lunch, Happy Hour and Dinner at the historic Pioneer Inn Grill and Bar. Breakfast favorites include macadamia nut pancakes, loco moco and huevos rancheros in addition to healthy favorites like oatmeal or yogurt with fresh fruit. For lunch and dinner we offer the freshest fish, Maui grown burgers and steaks and a full range of small plates including hearts of Romaine caesar salad, seared ahi and kahlua pig sliders. The historic whalers saloon is the perfect place to watch the fishing boats come in with their catch while enjoying one of our Mai tais or another tropical favorite. We offer local draft beer and know that you will find our resident African gray parrot entertaining.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Centrally located, average food, questionable service...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Had breakfast there this morning after my whale watching tour...the location couldn't have been better after coming off our whale watching tour and starving. Seated immediately, immediately we had water on our table and breakfast orders were taken. The food came quickly and while not remarkable...it was good. The service was rushed and we had to ask the waitress for more water three times...finally, I had to go to the bus boy and ask directly. He immediately brought the water and apologized for the waitress and the delay.

I wouldn't toss them to the curb, but there are probably better choices in the same general area.

Visited December 2011

Minneapolis
“Exceeded expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Given the great location, I assumed this place would be typicsl at best. But, our meals were all very good. We had the sweet bread French toast, the eggs Benedict and the big kahuna buttermilk pancakes. All delicious. You must try the coconut syrup. Yum! The service was pretty good too. The only bummer was waiting over 5 minutes to be seated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“Bland for lunch/dinner with poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

After searching for few restaurants in the guide book, I decided to stop into the Pioneer Inn from the positive BREAKFAST reviews for dinner which was my mistake as I should have noted very few dinner reviews.

Upon sitting down, the waitress walked by me twice before giving me a menu. No hello or welcome. I probably sat for a few minutes with my menu closed waiting for her but she didn't seem in that much of a rush. Again coming to the table, it was all business, no small talk like how was your day, how are you, etc. I ordered the burger. Not sure how things were so slow as less than 20% of the tables had anyone there at 6 pm.

The food came in a relatively quick time. I would have to say the burger was large but kind of bland and plain - flat hamburger bun with one slice of tomato, onion and lettuce. Other than size, I think a McDonald's burger would have been better as it has some taste to it. During the meal, the waitress was no where to be found for a refill on my drink until I was just about done. It took equally as long waiting for her to pass by again so I can get my check. Needless to say her tip reflected her "attentive" service.

Would I recommend this place for the food ? Probably not, very bland and uneventful. The presentation on the plate should have been the give away. It lived up to its looks - bland. Maybe breakfast is better, but definitely not lunch/dinner. Service was remarkedly unfriendly, unwelcoming and slow. The only redeeming quality was the view was quite nice on the Banyan tree and the dock.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Again and again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Thank heavens there's a world class pub without junk music and awful tv's. Its always buzzing so many people agree. Happy hour is a bonus but any hour is good.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria British Columbia Canada
“Good Food at a Reasonable Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This place is a deal! We had breakfast here before boarding the ferry to Lanai. Being right at the harbor, I was afraid it would have high prices but I was completely wrong. We split an order of macedemia nut pancakes. The serving was huge. Good service, good food, good prices. Also, it was the only place open early.

• Visited November 2011