“Wonderful Fresh Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Wonderful Fresh Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have been to Sale Pepe three times since it opened and have been very satisfied as to the freshness and quality of the food and the manageable portion sizes. Qiana does a wonderful job at "front of house" and her partner is passionate about his food. All staff are very helpful and do a nice job. Altogether a wonderful food experience. We will definitely return on our next visit to Maui. Wayne and Iley.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Monument, Colorado
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We visited Sale Pepe last night and are planning our next visit. The food was great and service attentive. It has been open less than two weeks and other diners were regulars already. The Bucatini alla matriciana appeared as a simple red sauce on pasta but was infused with the flavor of onions and pancetta. It was delicious. I could eat it every day. The pizza had a perfect thin crust with a sauce that tasted like tomatoes. Yum The prices were reasonable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food good people good atmosphere we will come again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Authentic "fresh" Italian food at a reasonable price! The pizza was thin crust perfect and the sausage meatballs were delicious! Very satisfying!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Finally a good addition to Lahaina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were nervous to try another new restaurant, since so many places just can't meet good standards with either food or service in Lahaina town. But this place is amazing. It was very reasonably priced and the food was excellent. I actually don't typically like Italian food- and now I know the reason why- I've never had it good like this. This will be a regular place and somewhere I recommend to visiting tourist. Keep up the good work Sale Pepe- we want you to stay for good.

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Newest Italian Restaurant in Lahaina Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Sale Pepe
The newest restaurant in Lahaina Town (where the old KFC used to be) had their first day of business Friday (5/30)…Grand Opening in a few weeks. This is true Italian food. They import their meats and cheeses from Italy and the chefs don’t even “speaka d’ English”. Their prices are so reasonable and their menu is awesome. There is a cheese section…a salami section…pizzas…pastas…vino…mixed drinks, etc. My husband is already planning what dishes he wants to try on our next visit to this place. BTW, service was excellent. There is a blackboard wall for kids to write on but the feel of the place is very European wine bar.

I went with a large group of people (some items I did not personally taste because of my food allergies).
Prosciutto Cotto – thinly sliced dry-cured cooked ham on their version of focaccia (crispy thin pizza dough) so yummy! ($8)
Pastas:
Gnochetti Sardi Quattro Formaggi– shell shaped pasta with four cheeses very good by everyone’s assessment. ($14)
Rigatoni Alla Matriciana –tube shaped pasta sautéed with Maui onions, pancetta, pecorino and tomato sauce. I loved it and out of the four pasta dishes we tried my husband liked this one best. ($12)
Fettunta – grilled bread that was delicious. The ultimate garlic bread even though they made an error and did not mention garlic on the menu. For ($3.00) you get 3 pieces of toast cut in half and oh so good!
Spaghetti Al Pesto – very good spaghetti with basil peso . $12)
Strozzapreti ‘nduja - Good but a little bit too spicy for my taste but my friend who ordered it loved it. ($14)
Pizzas:
Tomato, roasted peppers, mozzarella and parmiggiano reggiano --Excellent crust and very tasty topping! ($12)
Provolone, ricotta, mozzarella and parmiggiano- Four cheeses – my friend’s mom who had tasted all of them proclaimed this (hers) the best. ($12)
Tomato, mozzarella and sausage – my friend’s husband ate the whole thing and did not share a single bite…I think that explains how good it was. ($13)
Tomato, mozzarella and basil -Two little girls ate the whole thing and asked for a second pie! ($12)
Salad:
Romaine and lemon-parmiggiano vinaigrette - Baby romaine Caesar that was simple yet delicious ($8)

When we left my husband was planning what dishes he wanted to try on our next visit. We are going again this week.

• Visited May 2014