“Amazing Experience from a Great Instructor” 5 of 5 stars

808-244-9283
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Alexandria, Virginia
“Amazing Experience from a Great Instructor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I signed up for the earliest group session at 7am, which ended up just being my buddy and myself. I heard the waves are better earlier in the morning. John was our instructor and he really explained well the basic concepts of paddling out in the ocean, where to wait for waves to come, how to position myself to catch the wave, and how to stand up on the board. It was the best experience I ever had! I never caught so many waves after surfing two previous times! I definitely would go back to Goofy Foot again for a surfing lesson or to rent a board. The staff was very friendly. I do have a background in skateboarding and snowboarding so that was a benefit to already having balance and coordination on a board to catch waves. Nonetheless, I know the instructors will be able to get you to ride a wave at any level you are at because my buddy was able to do it and he was a true beginner and he caught waves. Definitely give it a try!

Visited September 2012

Los Angeles, California
“Amazing is all I can say!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

For my son's 8th birthday on Maui, we did something we've always wanted to do - learn how to surf. And I am extremely grateful we found Goofy Foot. My son got a private lesson from Kevin and my husband and I had a group lesson, with only 2 other people, from Bully. Both instructors were awesome and we all were standing and surfing within minutes of being in the water.

It was a completely religious experience for us all and my husband and son even went back 2 days later for more surfing. I can't thank Goofy Foot and Kevin & Bully enough. Mahalo nui nui!!!

Visited August 2012
Lafayette, California
“Outstanding experience! Will be back for more on our next trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our four year old son Julian had the time of his life thanks to the thoughtful, professional and enthusiastic attention he was given by his instructor Michael Edmisson at Goofy Foot. Mike was all positive energy! He encouraged Julian to be assertive on the board, while guiding him as needed and always keeping him safe. This was his first surf lesson of many more to come, as we will be back at Goofy Foot every time we visit Maui. The photographers were outstanding, as well, taking tons of great photos which captured every aspect of our boy's time in the water. Thanks to Mike and Goofy Foot Surf School for an awesome, memorable experience! Aloha :-)

Visited August 2012
Boca Raton, Florida
“Outstanding surf clinic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had done a lot of SUP and some surfing and John from Goofy foot was amazing at assessing level and giving the right amount of coaching and lessons to ensure I had an amazing time and learned a lot! I was lucky and was the only one at 7am so I got a private lesson and we got out into the outside bigger waves and had the surf session of a lifetime. These guys are just amazing from start to finish and make you feel comfortable so you can be at your best! This is a FIVE STAR operation and they really care and do everything possible to give you the best experience possible. It was the highlight of our trip to Maui!

Visited June 2012
“Kid's had a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

When asked, the kid's said 10 out of 10. Instructor Keith, did a fantastic job. Everyone was up and surfing before they knew it. Even in the realitively calm surf today, a great time was had by all.

Don't waste your money on cheap imposters...Goofy Foot is the real thing!