“Probably a Fun Adventure but Major Scheduling Issues!” 1 of 5 stars

Owner description: Snorkeling, Whale watches
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glen Ellen, California
7 attraction reviews
“Probably a Fun Adventure but Major Scheduling Issues!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We booked our $400 adventure in advance only to have Gina repeatedly reschedule us the night before "due to poor weather conditions". As a last ditch effort, we left our last full day on Maui as a "possibility" to go out--but apparently that message didn't get through as Steve called our home in California to see if we were coming that final morning. I gave Gina my cell number not only when I made the reservation but again over the phone when I called to confirm weather conditions (as they request) the night before. If she had relayed our cell phone number to Steve we could've hopped in the car and been there in 10 minutes! So we completely missed our opportunity to go out! Then, adding insult to injury, Captain Steve told me he gone out every single day that we had been rescheduled out of, and that Gina told him WE were the ones asking to be repeatedly rescheduled. Not sure what's behind her rescheduling problem but it was enough to ruin what we were anticipating as the highlight of our trip to Maui. We feel manipulated by Gina and, needless to say, we are not pleased and have contacted the Maui Better Business Bureau. Maybe you need to book directly with Captain Steve himself. At least he refunded half of our fee and offered to take us out at half price if we come back within the year (but that would mean we were greatly inconvenienced and they got full price)...hmmm...

Visited June 2012

Buena Park, California
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Captain Steve and I think her name was Lynn (my bad I wasn't paying attention) were great! We had a great time w them, they answered all questions, they were very friendly and funny! I was a little nervous about snorkeling it had been ten years since but Lynn helped me out w great tips . She's awesome... Captain Steve is also great, he took us to the best spots, we saw tons of beautiful fish, dolphins, dolphins and more dolphins ! Shout out to the baby dolphin ! And the turtles! My husband and son were able to get pretty close w the turtles ! I myself could not get enough of the dolphins! It was a fun, great time and we def will go back ! Did I mention the dolphins ????

Visited July 2012
“Capt. Steve's tour was a highlight of our trip. Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My father inlaw, son and I took this lanai snorkel trip today. I couldn't have expected a better trip. We saw tons of turtles, a huge pod of spinner dolphins and tons of fish in crystal clear water. I've done the molokini crater trip and will never do it again. I saw more on this trip and not 1000 other people snorkeling a small spot. Our boat was fast and our group was small. Another company with a "cattle" boat showed up and I felt sorry for them. Not only did they pay more than us it took them 20 min to get in the water because of the amount of people on the boat. Don't hesitate booking this trip. You will not be disappointed.

Maui, Hawaii
33 attraction reviews
“The Best! Often Go With Them & Recommend Them!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Captain Steve and Mrs. Captain Steve (she has a real name - Gina) are the best. I go out with him and him only for whale watching and other snorkel tours. His rubber zodiac-type boat is much better than the big boats, and they go out of Mala Harbor where there is good parking and it's easier and less crowded. Captain Steve does a great job. I believe, quite simply, they offer the best experience for the money. I ONLY recommend Captain Steve. My best whale pictures are with him!

Visited April 2012
San Diego, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing 1/2 Day Excursion Out to Sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Went on a 1/2 day excursion from Lahaina to Lanai with Scott & Lynn. We were able to spot a baby whale with his mom. Scott & Lynne were great & kept the whole trip entertaining. We got to snorkel for a bit by Lanai where there were beautiful fishes swimming along. After snorkeling they took us up close & personal with a whole pod of Spinner Dolphins. It was absolutely amazing!!! I will definitely do this again the next time I'm in Maui...

Visited April 2012