“Maui Surfer Girls Rock!” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Surfing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seattle, Washington
“Maui Surfer Girls Rock!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

MSG rocks! My husband, 10 year old daughter and I took a surf lesson yesterday and it was great. After a brief orientation on land, we all took to the water and 4 out of 5 of us were up on our boards within the first or second ride. Our instructors, Kelly and Sharky, were very attentive of our daughter and the one time she took a nasty spill, were right there quickly to offer support and encouragement. The two hour time frame seemed short when we signed up but it was more than enough time to nail the basics and leave us wanting more (and with just enough energy to get us out of the water). Will be a highlight of our vacation!

Visited April 2013

Rosemount, Minnesota
“A Magical Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a group of 10 learn how to surf with Dustin, Kelly and Sharky - 7 kids - ages from 8 to 16 and 3 Moms. What a great spring break experience - away from the crowds - with patient, knowledgeable teachers. EVERYONE got up on their first or second try following the lesson on the beach. These folks clearly love what they do, and its contagious. Mahalo Sharky, Kelly and Dustin!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a private lesson with Kelly and she was an amazing teacher! This was my first time surfing and she made me feel very comfortable on land and in the water. I was very nervous before the lesson even started but she got me over my fears and I stood up on my 3rd try. I can not wait to go surfing again and hope to get back to Maui, so I can get another surfing lesson from Maui Surfer Girls!!

Los Angeles, California
“Very Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you are looking for a great group of people to learn how to surf from in Maui, this is the group. They know what they are doing and have great knowledge and experience. I went alone and took a private lesson from Kelly and she made me feel comfortable and eager to learn more. Kelly was personable and very encouraging. All the instructors that were there had a good time with each other and those that they were teaching. Definitely a fun group.

Chicago, IL
6 attraction reviews
“There the best for a reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Dustin and Sharky made our surf lessons in Lahaina a wonderful experience. As my second time surfing in the Hawaiian islands I had some experience but definitely still on the beginner level. Both instructors gave excellent tips, were very accommodating when we got tired pulling our boards with their toes! Yes, you have other options of surf lessons on Maui but you SHOULDN'T choose any other company if you want a personalized, fun experience. Loved the bumper stickers and playing around with Dustin's dog Luna too.