“Second Time” 5 of 5 stars

Maui
3 attraction reviews
“Second Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Must do a Surf lesson in Maui. My kids had so much fun the first time, they wanted to go again a second time. For our second lesson, the group was a little bigger, 6 people, so we had two instructors, Dustin and Kelly. The lesson was good and Dustin had an extra board and offered it to my wife and I if we wanted to go out and catch a few waves.

Both Dustin and Kelly made sure that everybody was able to get up and that everybody had fun. By the smiles of everybody in our group (5 of the 6 were from my family) we all had fun. The experience from calling in and booking the lesson to the end of the lesson and the drinks back at the Tundra after the lesson was great. Yes it is a business, but you can tell with MSG, it about giving the customer a great experience and it's not all about the $$$.

Dustin and Kelly thanks for a great lesson.

Visited February 2013
mauisurfergirls, Owner at Maui Surfer Girls, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thanks so much for coming down again & sharing your photos from the class Ivan! We loved getting to surf with ya'll!

Port Orchard, Washington
11 attraction reviews
“Surfing and whales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Sharky was a great instructor. We had a blast with him today. He talked to our boys (11&9) so that they would understand and spent more time than he had to helping the youngest build his confidence and skills. We will do this again.

Los Angeles, California
“Do This!!! Dustin is the Bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to find a low pressure way to get a super beginner surf lesson while we were in Maui. We booked a group lesson with Maui Surfer Girls largely due to the reviews here, and we were not disappointed. Only the two of us booked, so we ended up with a private lesson for the price of the group lesson.

Dustin was super informative, helpful, & nice. She tailored the lesson to us and went at our pace, giving us plenty of pointers and encouragement along the way. We even got a push or two out to sea when she saw us getting tired of paddling. We rounded the lesson off by watching Dustin hop on the board and surf with the dog and enjoying a nice cool juice on them.

I'd recommend Maui Surf Girls to anyone, and if I end up back in Maui, I'll end up with another lesson.

Thanks Dustin!

Southampton, New York, United States
“"Amazing Summer Camp"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

When I was eleven years old I went to the MSG all-girls sleep-away camp, which ended up being one of the best experiences of my life! We go surfing in the morning, come back, eat great meals, then go on an exciting afternoon activity somewhere on maui (hiking, banana boating, stand up paddle boarding, etc) and then come together for our fun evening activities, like talent shows and cabin bonding. The greatest people go to this camp and the surf instructors are all so talented and helpful. I have been coming back for four years since!

Visited July 2012
“Great Day!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I ended up booking with MSG because of what i have read on TA and i am really glad i did. The particular day I had booked i was the only person there so i ended up getting a private lesson with sharky. After a short chat about what we wanted to accomplish in the lesson we went over some good ocean awareness training and some on land paddling and pop up technique and once that was done we were in the water paddling out. After watching a couple smaller waves go by sharky gave me the heads up to start paddling and i ended up catching my first wave on the first try. as the lesson went on he gave me helpful tips on what to improve on for my next ride and was very friendly, helpful and encouraging in all his instruction.

They also have a great location to learn how to surf. There were steady easy breaking waves and and no other schools there on the day we were out. we had the whole beach to ourselves, so you didn't have to wait in a line to try and catch the next wave or have to wait a long time for your next turn.

if your looking for an easy going, encouraging, positive beginner surfing lesson MSG is for you!!!!!!

Visited January 2013