“Extremely peaceful, far less crowded and very relaxed...” 5 of 5 stars

Ho'oilo House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   138 Awaiku St., Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Lahaina B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois USA
“Extremely peaceful, far less crowded and very relaxed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Three words can sum up our six day stay at Ho`oilo House; extremely peaceful, far less crowded and very relaxed.

We looked forward to the very healthy breakfasts every morning especially Amy's homemade bread & biscuits, yum!!!

And the very private outside showers were as close to nature as one can get.

Their hard wired in room high speed internet connection allowed me to communicate around the world from paradise on my time line.

Charles David Dreher
Executive Vice-President
Commonwealth Capital Advisors

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cutar, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the B&B last week and enjoyed two nights in Wailele and one night in Nalu. We preferred the layout of Wailele but how can you better the view from Nalu. Just such an awesome sight of the ocean. Staying in a hotel is just not us so after spending three days in Hana renting a small cottage this B&B was a great choice. We had concerns about the area but being just minutes from town when it seems like so much further is ideal. Amy and Dan are helpful and will make great recommendations for you to enjoy a meal or an activity. Cost is not the lowest out there but you do get what you pay for.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and myself spent 2 days at Ho'oilo House the beginning of December. We both agree it was the the most picture perfect place we have ever stayed. The rooms were very well appointed, extremely comfy bed and we loved the outdoor shower. We had a beautiful view of the ocean along with the sunsets! We ordered the cheese tray along with some local wine and it was well worth it.
Breakfast was very good, along with the coffee and special teas.
Dan was excellent and gave us great tips on where to go etc...they have boogie boards, chairs, umbrellas and hats for you to use. You just can't get this kind of service in a hotel.
Thanks again to Dan and Amy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is an absolutely beautiful property. The rooms are sumptuous, the grounds are meticulously maintained, the view is beautiful, and the pool and common areas are top notch. It's about a 15 minute drive into Lahaina. The owners were friendly and helpful. I thought the cost was very reasonable for Maui and a great value. Highly recommended.

Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You will find fantastic views, elegant forniture and quality in every detail. Tasty home made breakfasts, fine teas and great local coffee. For sure a very good choice for central Maui. Little bit out of town, so rented car is needed. Expensive. Probably too much....

Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We LOVED our stay at Ho'oilo House. The pictures do not do this place justice, it really takes your breath away. We stayed in the Akala Manu room; the mountain and water views were perfect for us. And the bed was huge and so comfortable!

I didn't get an opportunity to meet Amy, but we saw Dan every morning and he was very helpful with any questions that we had. They were running a promotion where if you check into the B&B on facebook you get a free beach tote - I recommend doing that because the tote was very helpful for us the week we were there! They also have many beach accessories available to you, from umbrellas, coolers, beach chairs, etc. You will get 2 fresh beach towels in your room every day which are great as well.

The breakfast is fantastic, I miss having fresh fruit and freshly baked muffins every morning! And the POG juice is definitely worth trying, it is so yummy!

I had seen some reviews on here that Amy and Dan were a bit stand-offish, but that was not our experience at ALL. Dan was very friendly and thoughtful. On our last day I got to breakfast later than I had the previous days, and there weren't any muffins at the table. I assumed they were just out of them, which was fine, but Dan saw me and quickly brought out more for me.We also had an issue with our outdoor shower doors when we arrived, and Dan had that resolved right away when we brought it to his attention.

I would love to go back to Ho'oilo House someday! I recommend this B&B for anyone, it doesn't have to be just couples.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Somerset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at the Ho'oilo House mid October for our Wedding/Honeymoon/Vacation in Maui. We both loved everything about the Ho'oilo House and it was even better than what we expected. Some of the highlights included... the perfect distance from the action on front street, the most amazing views as you drive down the road to get to the main road.. I have so many pictures of the sky, it was one of the prettiest views we saw in Maui, the room itself was very clean and perfect, I loved the music thats pipped in to the rooms, it was so nice for nap time! The outdorr shower is amazing, and the views from our shower was perfect, we stayed in the Akala Manu. I could go on and on and on, trust me, this is the place to stay in Maui. we toured around the island and I cant say there wa sanother area I rather have stayed in. I hope to be bale to return one day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Montage Kapalua Bay
Maui Guest House
#1 of 13 in Lahaina
5.0 of 5 stars 343 reviews
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea

Been to Ho'oilo House? Share your experiences!