Stayed at this B&B for 5 days and have a decent flavor of the place. Beauty is the eye of the beholder but I would be hard pressed that anyone can walk away from this place and not say its uniquely stunning. The rest is up to what you prefer or not. The outdoor showers are nice if you don't mind stepping on some stones to get to it and only a jet stream (like a hose) spray. Also some reviewers wrote it's so romantic. It's only romantic if the people in the next room are not showering at the same time. In my case I didn't mind the stones, spray or neighbors and loved the outdoor shower. Choose your room wisely to suit your taste. We stayed in the Wailele room after reviewing all the rooms on the website. We wanted a larger room that had toilet with a door you can close and a bed that wasn't pushed against the wall. We were not disappointed. It was beautiful. Couple things to know about the room. Lighting is poor in the bathroom. They only had high hats in the ceiling. It was no big deal for us but some may have an issue here if you like a lot of light. The lanai outside is facing the back. There are two chairs and only one chaise as shown in the website. Your view is of a hedge but totally private. All perfectly fine for us and we couldn't have been happier. As for the breakfast, folks, it's a basic continental spread. After reading some of the reviews I thought it was going to be fantastic. Nonetheless, it's good coffee and some fresh foods that will get you going in the morning. They do a nice job with the spread and you can count on it being there waiting for you in the morning. As for the owners, Dan & Amy, I found them polite and efficient. We just didn't find them welcoming. One day our room wasn't cleaned and I called the office to let them know a new set of towels and soap would make us happy. A person was covering the phones since Dan nor Amy were around. He was extremely apologetic. I said it could wait until they got back. Not much later Dan and Amy fixed up the room with a slight apology from Dan only. I now was getting peranoid that we did something to upset them so I looked up some of the reviews and found some folks had the same experience. We actually felt better thinking it wasn't us and it's just how they seem to be. No big deal but I gave them a 4 because it would be fantastic if they were more welcoming and you felt they were happy out of all the places one could choose you chose Ho'oilo House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the West Maui Mountains, this quiet, private Bed & Breakfast offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and islands surrounding Maui. Located on the popular west side of the island, you will be just minutes from the historic whaling town of Lahaina and the Kaanapali resort area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Ho'oilo House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ho`Oilo House Hotel Lahaina
- Ho'Oilo House Maui/Lahaina