“I hate to be the party pooper” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, CA
4 attraction reviews
“I hate to be the party pooper”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Good: the illusions were very well done.
Bad: they only represented maybe 20-30 minutes of the nearly 2 hour show

I brought two co-workers with me who don't speak English very well, because I assured them that the magic would not need translation. Sadly I felt bad for them since there were more puns than magic.

Most of the show was a variety/comedy act: telling puns, embarassing people, asking people what state they're from, then simplifying them to stereotypes. All the guys up front got nicknames of the less intelligent characters from Mayberry. I don't think any of it was mean spirited, but I didn't think most of it was funny, either. Joking that an unmarried couple really needs to repent at church on Sunday is a good example, since it just seems out of place for many people today. Maybe the couple weren't even Christians? Apparently Canada doesn't have any real doctors, presumably related to socialism somehow. And Boulder CO is filled with wackos. I wonder what he would have said about me as a gay atheist in San Francisco? 8-)

I suspect most of you will be able to figure out whether you'll enjoy this type of comedy or not. If you will, then you'll love the show.

Los Angeles, California
7 attraction reviews
“The One Show You Should Not Miss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Last year I went to a magic show (not Warren's) and was not sure I really wanted to attend another one. I was encouraged to go by relatives that went and said this was the best. If you can only go to one show on Maui, this is it. Warren's magic is the best and he is hilarious. You don't have to have dinner, but I recommend you do the Royal Flush package and enjoy the entire evening. The food was excellent and even though they say appetizers, it will fill you up. I am so glad I did not miss this show. Will go again if I am ever return to Maui.

West Orange
13 attraction reviews
“A memorable experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

HThis was recommended to us by someone who had thoroughly enjoyed it, and we were not disappointed!! It was well worth the time and the cost.

Warren was our entertainer that evening -- and he is VERY entertaining. It was not just the typical slight-of-hand magic show. He was extremely funny. He kept us laughing throughout the entire show. And at the end of the evening, he returned to the living room, to say a good-by to each and every participant. It was evident that he is not only a fantastic entertainer, but a very good host, too. Kudos to you, Warren!

We chose the package with drinks and pupu platters and, although not gourmet, it was well prepared and a pleasing presentation. A very entertaining evening --NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

Franklin, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
“Laughed so much my cheeks were sore !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Saw the show last month and it was just the absolute best !!! The magic was amazing and I will definitely see this on my next trip to Maui. The whole experience was top notch. My daughter and I just had a fantastic night. Don't miss this show !

Visited March 2014
Deloraine, Australia
20 attraction reviews
“Good fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My partner and I really enjoyed this show. John Shryock and and Dana Daniels were the entertainers when we attended and they were both excellent. I had tears streaming down my face from laughing at one point! The majority of the crowd were older than me and my partner however at 26yo I still thoroughly enjoyed the show! Bear in mind however the beginning part with 'Annabelle the ghost' is totally lame but is no indicator of what is to come.

Visited March 2014