“Never tire of this wonderful show” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #4 of 39 Attractions in Lahaina
Type: Performances, Theaters & Stadiums
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Ulalena is a world-renowned Hawaiian theatre production dedicated to telling the story of Hawaii's people. The critically acclaimed stage show outlines the islands’ creation, transformation and rebirth by integrating ancient Hawaiian history with state-of-the-art theater technology, and stunning music, chant, dance and acrobatics. 'Ulalena speaks to the imagination and inspires the human spirit to keep the Hawaiian culture alive. An invaluable cultural experience and a must-do on Maui!
Arizona
5 attraction reviews
“Never tire of this wonderful show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Saw this many times and it never gets old. We take all our family and friends who come to Maui with us to see this. Even my grandchildren were sitting on the edge of their chairs and it kept their interest till the end of the show.

Visited January 2012

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Like going to Vegas, but. Hawaiian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The show was quite good - the performers were no less than excellent. The music and staging was as well-done as I've seen anywhere, including Cirque de Soleil. The show is music, dancing singing, some acrobatics. The live musicians were terrific as well.

If you get the VIP package, you can stay for an after-the-show discussion, which had more heart and soul than the show itself -I was truly impressed by how *nice* the performers were in person.

California
6 attraction reviews
“Okay, but only need to go once...if you have time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have to say that it wasn't a bad show. All of the performers were excellent. It is a mix of a play, dance, theatrical, musical. My favorite parts were looking over to the right (get a seat on the left or middle as you're facing the stage) and watching all of the musicians doing the live music/percussion as the entire show is going on. I found that fascinating. It was different and had some acrobatics and dance that I enjoyed watching.

However, I was a little bored in the middle. I am mid-30s, and I went with three parents (60-somethings), and two of the 60-somethings just LOVED it. But we knew they would, because this type of art show was right up their alley. I enjoy shows, but I kind of knew by the description that it wouldn't be my top activity. I would have preferred to put my money towards something else :) So it was a good show to go see once, but I wouldn't pay to see it again on my next trip to Maui. I'd rather just hang out in Lahaina at night instead :)

We got a slight discount booking online, but when we got to Costco in Kahului, we noticed they had gift cards (buy a $100 gift card for $75). Unfortunately, we had already paid for our tickets. So Costco's items do change, but if you can wait to book it, check out Costco when you get there to see if you can get a better discount. And really, any seat in the house is good, even the cheap seats in the back. Wish we would have booked those seats because the tickets are pretty pricey, but it worked out fine.

Vancouver, Canada
“Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

For a brilliant show experience see Ulalena! Everything--dancers/dancing, acting, sets, costumes, music, choreography, and musicians, top class. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!

Encino
13 attraction reviews
“Very Entertaining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My wife & I saw this show on our recent trip to Maui. Very entertaining, indeed! We were so impressed throughout the entire performance. It's a play of sorts...would describe it as a combination of dance, music, acrobatics (these were phenomenal) & story-telling. Expected to enjoy it, but didn't expect to be blown away. The cast seems to be most young folks for the most part; felt so proud of them. Several of them posed for pictures with audience members, in the lobby, after the show. Very professional changes of scenery with the stage; a very well choreographed production. Highly recommend- MUCH better than any luau if looking for a taste of Hawaiian culture/tradition/history.

Visited August 2012