“Awesome show and not such awesome food.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Lahaina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awesome show and not such awesome food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We loved the show and the dancers were great.

We did sit front row and that was a plus.

Food was very mediocre. Everything was super super salty. I mostly ate salad.

The lei when you want in are a nice touch!

This was my first luau and I would say here you are going more for the show.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“An Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was poring over the different luaus covered in TripAdvisor and this was an evident favourite. Each ticket is 100 bucks and as I walked along Front Street, apparently you could visit some for 30 bucks? I knew I wanted to take my parents to a luau and experience one for myself. The options offered on the cruiseship were 115+ and I couldn't feel more fortunate I booked these tickets in advance.

When we arrived, we were greeted with beautiful fresh leis and were able to get some amazing photographs when we got inside of the cove/area.

I opted for table and chairs because I am a certified couch potato. My legs would go to sleep within minutes. Where we were sat was perfect. We were the first semicircle of tables right about the folks sitting on the floor and we all sat around this centre stage with the water and sunset to our left. We had an awesome view and were actually sat with new travel friends who had been seated with us for the entire cruise ship. Apparently they had booked their tickets at the same time I had. Oh serendipity, sometimes things are simply meant to be wonderful!

The view is amazing. The food is a great buffet with many traditional foods. I loaded up on Poke (freshest tuna I have ever had) and chicken with this sweet yummy sauce that was either passionfruit or mango .. something tropical. The pig was something I had looked forward to for since I read about it in a Nancy Drew book. It was, alright - I would rather eat the grilled veggies and salmon/steak you can get off the boat. It is an awesome spread and you need to pace yourself (trust me). The drinks are all you can drink and maybe I just haven't lived much but these were the fun drinks I always read about as a child off drink menus but never got the chance (nor would spend the money) to have. I think I got brain freeze a few times between the yummy lava flow (strawberry), the chi chis and the pinas, my 15 year old self was both proud and red in the face. No terrible rail drinks here. The meal proceeds with a wonderfully narrated hula told of the history of the islands. The waiters are all incredibly easy on the eyes, shirtless and courteous: politely asking us if they could get us anymore drinks as out of the respect for the performers, they would not interrupt the performance. Dessert and COFFEE!!! was brought out, the brownies were wonderful but the Haupia was most addictive and our server made sure to bring us an extra plate of JUST the Haupia. Amazeballs!!!

I booked the tickets online and it was a simple and secure process. I had the receipt saved in an email on my phone and it was a brief walk from Front St - it was just the one road. Beware of the taxi nightmare that will follow. When you finish, everyone will need a cab - even though it is completely well within walking distance to the ships. It is Hawaii, go take a nice walk back to the port. 20-25 mins tops.

I think if I had to narrow my Hawaiian experience down to 4 hours, it would be this luau. There were the photo ops, the amazing food, wonderful weather, frozen boozy drinks you see on tv and beautiful stories told through song and dance. I don't think I would go back to hawaii (expensive, must save for another trip) but if I could teleport and go back for one thing, it would be for Old Lahaina Luau. Easy to book - book early! Worth the reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn Park
“Well done show, mediocre food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Overall, it was a pleasant evening. The atmosphere is great, the view is beautiful and the show was pretty, but kinda low key. No fire torches : ( I learned later that is not traditional Hawaiian.

Our server was polite but inefficient. He forgot many drink orders.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Enjoyable luau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This luau was very enjoyable. We received beautiful orchid leis upon arrival. They had a great variety of very tasty drinks and the food was delicious. The luau was nicely done and we had great seats in the table/chairs area.

Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Thoroughly impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I think my husband and I will revisit this luah again in the future. It was beautiful. My husband was unsure about spending so much money but it became the highlight of his trip! The food selection was small but EVERYTHING was delicious and that mattered most to me. The performance was jaw dropping. These performers seem like real trained authentic dancers. They are really good. The show was thought out and flawless. However they do it, the amount of money spent for the luah seems to be reinvested into the luah to bring the best. That's probably why the quote stands true in this case: you get what you pay for. Loved it!