“Expensive yes, but worth EVERY SINGLE CENT” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 203 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Buffalo
“Expensive yes, but worth EVERY SINGLE CENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After a grueling 14 hours of traveling, we arrived on Maui very hungry. The restaurant where we were staying (not operated by the hotel) turned us away as they were too busy.

I turned to my wife and said, "We are going to Ruth's Chris."

I am so glad we did as it set the tone for the entire vacation on Maui.

First, we walked in without any reservations. Luckily, they sat us immediately, and with a smile.

Cocktails to begin with. I had my usual Tangueray Martini, and my wife had a Mai Tai. Both were superb.

Dinner consisted of the following:

Wine: 2007 Clos du Val Stags Leap District. Sublime. We enjoyed chewing on this wine and pairing it with our steaks.

Food:
Me: Wedge salad with Bleu Cheese. Chilled perfectly and delicious.
Bride: Caesar salad. Chilled perfectly with a perfectly blended dressing.

Me: Filet Mignon rare was served perfectly. You didn't need a steak knife it was so tender.
Bride: Filet Mignon served blue. This was also served perfectly. In fact the server commented that they could bring it out raw since the beef was of such high quality. I was surprised when my bride declined, hahaha.

Sides: Potato Au Gratin. Delicious as usual.
Sauteed Mushrooms were deliciously plump and cooked to perfection.

We both wound up taking half of our meal back to our condo, and the leftovers made for a perfect lunch.

We were too full for dessert.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not your big city steak house!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been to many other Ruth's over the years. My grandparents use to take us when I was growing up for super special occasions. They atmosphere always exuded an elegant flare. The steaks have always been memorable for melting in your mouth.

This time, the experience was awful. The waiter barely paid attention to us and when they delivered our salads or meals they put them in front of the wrong person. Once, he came to our table and started delivering plates before we even ordered! My wife is a filet fanatic. She was greatly disappointed in her meal. The steaks were bland, and the meat visually looked old like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for some time. The sides were thrown together and I had to remind the waiter that I had ordered a side of shrimp (4 for $18!). If I ever eat at this franchise again I won't make that mistake again.

You would be much better served spending your money somewhere else. I can only hope that someone in corporate reads these comments and looks into the issues others of written about. I don't mind paying a premium but I expect a premium product and experience in return!

Sanibel Island, Florida
“good steak, location and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A tad overpriced but heck we were on vacation. My wife and I ordered our steak medium, hot pink center. I had to ask for a gun to shoot it as it was crawling off the plate. It looks still alive and raw. Sent it back and what returned as more eatable. The sides were good portions. Bring a bunch of money, dinner for two with one cheap bottle of wine, $250.00

Visited February 2013
Bakersfield, California
“As always with any Ruth's Chris ...perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been to a few Ruth's Chris restaurants and this one is on par. Food was top notch, their service is impeccable, and the view looking out to the ocean is always breathtaking in Maui. I had their seafood gumbo and I wanted seconds! Their portions are always large so if you've never been to one, remember their side dishes are meant to be shared for 2. Looking forward to visiting again on our next trip to Maui.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Albert, Canada
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've eaten at Ruth's Chris all over North America and this one was below average. Waiter's Service was below average. Inattentive. Steaks were underdone, then overdone, brought in butter when asked not to be. THe salads were smothered in too much dressing. I must say that the bus service was excellent. Decent value with the costco gift cards ($80 for $100). Each time I order their large filet, rare. The meat is very good, though I have to reserve my excellent taste rating as there is much better out there.

Visited February 2013