“Good Morning” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Good Morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had breakfast here, and the food (quantity/quality) was great. A little on the pricey side for Lahaina-town, but the service was excellent and there's a very pleasant ambiance downstairs (with ocean views, up). There are of course other alternatives for breakfast in Lahaina-town, but if you're looking for something a little "nicer," this is a great place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
West Sussex, UK
“Overrated and not very Italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by Fodor's guide. It did not live up to the standard we expected from Fodor' s guide. The service was indifferent, the menu was barely explained, the steak was tough and full of gristle, lots of better restaurants in Lahaina.

Visited November 2012
AZ
“Not the same place we visited years ago”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Years ago this was our favorite spot. We went back for nostalgia. While view is of the street, decor is pleasant continental. Service was very good! That's where it stops. Food is basically tasteless and boring. Salad was dry and nothing special so far as ingredients...chains have better..even had to ask for dressing. Salt and pepper shakers were all empty. Bread was lukewarm and pizza tasting. No oils or butter. The Bolognese was rigatoni noodles and a meager porion of meat sauce. The meat sauce, what there was, actually had a nice flavor. The rest was dry and bland.Wife had the fish almondine...tasted very fishy and sauce was thin.She could not finish and one bite was enough for me. Understand they are bringing in a new manager and chef...they sure need one. Hope it improves.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stopped here for a late lunch. We had pizza, which I was somewhat impressed with being in Hawaii. The complimentary appetizer of 2 different foccacias were appreciated. Beware, one is quite hot with baked jalapenos. The view of the water is a plus for this venue, but the service was touch and go. There were other tables that were served their meal prior to us getting ours. If back, I would try their breakfast.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunnyvale, California
“Great views, poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This restaurant came recommended by our hotel concierge, who helped us make reservations.

Location is very good, with views overlooking the ocean (not that we saw it, since we had dinner and it was after sunset....).

The food was really so-so, I thought. I had the seared ahi, which I must say, well reviewed by others but rather disappointing to me. The ahi did some feel fresh and firm, but rather soft and somewhat mushy, I thought. The mushrooms and buttery white sauce did not do much to improve the dish. I could hardly finish it. My kids had the kids pasta fettucini alfredo. It was quite tasteless, I thought. My wife's seafood and mussels pasta was ok.

We have had better Italian food that costs much less. I guess we paid for the location.

The best dish I had tasted was their pizza bread appetizers, which came free, freshly baked from the oven.

Probably will not return next time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere