“You get what you pay for at Lahaina Grill” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 241 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5:30pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 21 years in a row! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
San Francisco, California
“You get what you pay for at Lahaina Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Anyone that says it's too expensive obviously is not accustomed to eating at fine food restaurants. I'm not even talking about crazy expensive places like 10 course French restaurants. If you think Lahaina Grill is the most expensive please, try Duo at the Four Seasons. My wife and I are by no means rich, but we do appreciate good food and that's what this is. We come to Maui almost every year, and since the first time we stumbled upon Lahaina Grill, we've made it a ritual to go to Lahaina Grill because the food and service is that good. Last time we even hired a nanny for out 1 year old just so we could have a relaxing dinner here. There's a reason why this place is always busy and why people come back. That said, if you're a steak lover, order the bone-in aged ribeye(sometimes it's off the menu so ask for it). It's the best steak I've ever had and I've eaten at some great steak houses. If you have sticker shock when something on the menu is over $30, go to Bubba Gumps.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Unknown
“Good But...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love Lahaina Grill... I remember when it was David Paul's (I miss David Paul's)... Any who... My hubby and the girls really enjoyed their entrées... me, not so much. I am a vegetarian, and was not a fan of spending $40 on polenta and the other options were not that accommodating. So if you are a vegetarian, skip Lahaina Grill... Of course, if you eat meat run in there. The cocktails were really yummy and of course the warm bread with the herb butter was fabulous!

Visited July 2014
Alamo, California
“Absolutely my favorite place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This is my absolutely favorite place to eat anywhere. I look forward to our annual visit. The food is outstanding whether you order fish or beef. Their french onion soup is the best i have ever had. The service is bar none, the most attentive and personable anywhere. We just love Lisa and Justin who have an amazing work ethic and make our experience their awesome. Don't miss Lahaina Grill when in Maui.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Clemente, CA
“Too expensive, but great food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a special occasion restaurant if you are ready to spend big bucks, and I mean big. Many celebrities frequent this place when in Maui. Be sure to make reservations for tables that are quiet and not so crowded. The service is excellent. My husband ordered the steak special after it was introduced, and made the mistake of not asking the price. It was $72. He was shocked and we teased, but it was delicious. In fact all of our meals were top grade. We were celebrating a birthday so it was worth it. There are other good restaurants in Maui, so if you do not want to spend a lot, try the others.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Just too expensive for value received...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Yes, the food is good. But for two we paid $270, including an inexpensive wine (their special for the month). I mean, $27 for a single chili relleno pepper (with tax and tip, that is about $35!). A simple dinner salad, $18 (about $24 with tax and tip). When we reflected on some very nice meals we could have for half, or less, we decided we would not return, choosing to have two or three very nice meals elsewhere.

So, good food, but their costs are so far off reasonable, they receive two stars.

• Visited September 2013