“One of the best meals in Maui” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 239 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pacific Rim
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5:30pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 21 years in a row! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Los Gatos, California
“One of the best meals in Maui”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

After several mediocre, high priced, hotel meals in Maui, we were told of Lahaina Grill. With high expectations,we drove the 40 minutes from Wailea for what turned out to be a meal of impeccable service and well prepared food, though still pricey.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minnesota
“We loved our meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Was treated to Lahaina Grill from my sister and BIL for our 25th anniversary. When we made the reservation, she acted like she knew me! It was great from there on out. They took our picture to post on their Facebook page and gave us a card as well. It was a nice touch. Food was awesome. We had a wonderful appetizer called the Cake Walk. We both then had seafood entrees that were wonderful, very nicely plated and just right amount in serving. For dessert, we had a sampler. Wow - as a dessert lover, this was the best. Would definitely recommend, pricey but well worth it. Allow enough time to find parking, DT Lahaina can be a real challenge for parking. Enjoy!

San Francisco, California
“Exceptional! Upshot: YOU MUST GET THE TASTING MENU!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I capitulated on this one, thinking that the reviews were too good to be true... that the spendy side of this restaurant was due to an expensive location, and it would be touristy, okay food, okay service. My wife was totally all-in on trying it, so of course, in the end, I was too. =)

I couldn't have been more incorrect about this place - This was one of the finer meals of our lives. We were giddy with each course of the tasting menu... so let's start there.

The tasting menu was a *STEAL*, and by far the best value and experience on the menu - it's not only only $78 for four full courses, but it includes a medley of different appetizers on each plate, so you get a really broad sampling of all the options on the menu. They do not seem to always suggest the tasting menu - when we started asking lots of questions about all the beautiful dishes, is when our *wonderful* server, Amilcar, mentioned it. We jumped right in:

We started with a Prosecco and Cava Rose with an appetizer course of a trio called "the cake walk":

1) Maine Lobster Cake 2) Pacific Northwest White Rock Shrimp Cake 3) seared ahi cake. They were served together with different sauces - they were unbelievable. Crispy, moist... every bite was savored.

The salad course was an wonderful trio of the caesar, beet salad, and warm pecan crusted goat cheese and baby arugula. Perfect portions - oversized double bites that let you really explore all the delicious local ingredients.

We got a half bottle of a Ken Wright Willamette Carter Vineyards Pinot Noir.... year escapes me. Pardon! That good a meal, and the wine was exceptional. I am finding it hard to not drink Willamette's as of recent. The Bergstrom we had in Hana was out of this world.

I got the filet mignon with whole grain mustard port wine demi-glace, she got the kona coffee roasted mountain meadows rack of lamb, with light coffee-cabernet demi-glace. both came with herbed mashed potatoes. It was incredible, and I really devoured it, regardless of starting to fill up at this point. If you are worried about "too fancy, too small of portions", you don't have to worry... you will be full.

Another treat - they have Silver Oak 2008 for $100 a bottle. It must be a volume thing, because that is a steal. They price it $25 a glass, and it's a fairly good value. It's probably more to say you had a glass, it's not their greatest year. But how can I judge, I got a glass when the half bottle ran through. Honestly, you'll be able to find other excellent wines at a better value if you get a full bottle, but it's fun to splurge.

She got the triple berry pie - rasberries, blueberries, and black currants, flaky crust, whip cream... SO GOOD. I uncharacteristically got a chocolate tort, let alone the fact I almost never eat dessert... but I couldn't miss out on what I might miss out on. It was FANTASTIC. The pastry chef is a star... but so is the whole kitchen.

The interiors are beautiful - dimly lit, quite classy, old world and inviting bar, and stunning stamped tin (I think it's tin) ceilings.

A+ all around. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maui, Hawaii
“The Best Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Always get the Opakapaka (pink snapper) my favorite fish, served w/ risotto & a couple of pawns.
Other items that is great are: chili relleno, cake walk, slow cook short-ribs, goat cheese salad, and for dessert, flour-less chocolate cake top w/ kona coffee ice cream, triple berry pie, creme brulee & many others.

Staff is very friendly and service superb. It is pricey, but it is worth it. Mary the bartender is awesome and Debbie the mgr. is also awesome.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Very good pricey food in Lahaina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The food at Lahaina Grill was very good, even if priced exorbitantly. I had a sesame and maui onion encrusted, seared ahi that was nearly perfect (it was just a bit salty for my taste). It was cooked perfectly--rare cold center with a warm exterior. The restaurant prepared a sautéed spinach to replace a rice dish that I did not prefer. And the wine list was quite good, even though the wine was predominantly from California and I would have preferred more selections from the Old World. My spouse had a lovely dish of scallops that were also cooked and sauced very nicely. The noise level was very energetic, though. The wait staff contributed to the noise level by talking very loudly and clanking dishes. I would have liked to give the restaurant a 3 1/2 rating to reflect the price value. Equally good food is available in many other places for much less. Prices were about 30-40% higher than I would have expected. Our entrees were priced in the low $40s, and a simple green salad was $12.

• Visited December 2012