“Kimo's is good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 238 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Kelowna British Columbia
“Kimo's is good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

We ate here our first night during a week stay.
This probably fits in the same class as Mai Tai Lounge, Pacifico's, IO as they are all on the water in Lahaina with good views.
My Mahi Mahi encrusted with parm cheese and breadcrumbs was awesome. My fiancé's rib entre was overdone and dry.
The drinks and setting was perfect.
I say go here for the view, drinks and fish.
Total cost for Caesar salads, two entree's a hula pie and 2 mai tai drinks - $80. Which is a deal for Maui.

Our best meal was Lahaina Grille (which cost us twice the price of Kimo's)
Our worst meal was Ruth's Chris Steak House. We really regret going here and not trying another unique Maui restaurant.
(we are a couple in our early 30's and love trying restaurants with good reviews. We don't mind spending $200 for dinner for two if the experience is memorable. All of the restaurant's we tried in Maui were based on Trip Advisor Reviews. This site is awesome)

Cincinnati, OH
“Good service, Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

I went to this place with my fiancée and family (parents, sister, brother-in-law and toddler nephew) based up upon the recommendation of our hiking guide earlier in the week. He's lived on Maui for 15 years and said it was hands down the best place in Lahaina.

We did make a reservation since there were seven of us, but were told even when we called that we might have to wait for a bit since it was fairly last minute. We had no problem with that, and had some drinks in the bar (where we had no problem finding a table) and waited maybe 15 or 20 minutes. After early dinners (5:00 to 6:00) all week, we wanted to eat a little later that night, so unfortunately we did miss the sunset since it gets dark so early in Hawaii (compared to Ohio, anyway!). When we did get our table, we headed upstairs to a nice big table with plenty of room for us to all spread out - a really nice change from other restaurants in Lahaina that are so crammed with tables, that they're really not quite large enough for the number of people they claim to seat (Lahaina Grill, I'm looking at you).

Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, and did a good job for us while we were there. But it was their food was absolutely fantastic. I got the Lobster-filled Ono, which was amazing. While it's a eluding me what most of the rest of my family got, I do know my dad really liked the Shrimp Tahitian, my fiancée loved whatever fish he got that was Parmesan Crusted that night, and that every one of them raved about how good their food was. We also loved that everything came with Caesar salad on the side. Not only does it not cost extra like some restaurants, but we felt it was a slightly healthier, yet equally delicious, option to most places that serve a starch, like fries or rice, instead. And of course at the end we had to get some of the Hula Pie we'd heard so much about. As far as we were concerned, splitting it seven ways was just about perfect!

I really liked this place a lot and would definitely go back. I think next time I'm on Maui, I'd like to go here for lunch and enjoy the view during the day. That was the only part I was a little disappointed about since the view in the pictures looks amazing!

Sydney
“Hula Pie... yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

Honestly I'll remember this restaurant simply for one thing... their Hula Pie but be warned it's quite a hefty slice so save your stomach!!

New York City, New York
“Must eat here if on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

We went to Kimo's following the recommendation of one of the bar men at our hotel...he said best place to eat in Lahaina...we can say our best dining experience in Hawaii. Great service with very attentitive staff, fantastic setting (def go there for sunset) and the food was excellent. We had the Polynesian Chicken and Pork ribs combo as well as the Mahi Mahi in Parmesan crust. Both dishes were excellent. Not too much, but not too little...just right. $70 for two great dishes with drinks...well worth a visit! Unfortunately we found this on our last day, otherwise we would certainly have eaten their again.

Maui
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

We went there with a group of 20 or so of us and they were very accomodating. The food was amazing, the drinks were excellent, and the service was so wonderful it made you feel like we were the only ones there. In fact, it was super busy and there was tons of activity all around us, but the sunset from there was so AMAZING we didn't even see everyone else. If you are only going to dine at one restaurant on Front Street, this should be the one!