“Great food and ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kimo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 203 Restaurants in Lahaina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Papalaua Street and Wahie Lane
Description: Right on the water and in the heart of historic Lahaina, Kimo’s brings you and your o’hana (Hawaiian for family) a casual, completely Maui dining experience. Renowned our “postcard” views of Lanai and Molokai, we offer a menu featuring fresh Hawaiian fish, prime rib, prime steaks and the original Hula Pie, Kimo’s has been a Maui must-do for over 30 years. The upstairs main dining room shows the architectural influence of New England on the former whaling port, with koa-lined walls, missionary-style furnishings and maritime memorabilia. After dinner, Kimo’s lanai becomes a very cool hotspot for tropical cocktails and Hawaiian music. Live entertainment is offered on weekends and select week nights.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Great food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I always eat at Kimo's at least once during our stays in Lahaina. We both agree that the food is very good and actually at a very reasonable price. We've had much more expensive meals at home where the food wasn't nearly as good. We love being able to sit next to the rail upstairs and enjoy views of Lani as we eat and also enjoy the nice breeze coming off the water. We highly recommend stopping in had having dinner. Yes, reservations are certainly recommended since Kimo's is so popular.

• Visited September 2011

Denver, CO
“Kimo's, I left my heart on your patio.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

...But I left it there on purpose--so I'd have a reason to come visit! Although we've only been to Maui twice, Kimo's won as our favorite restaurant, both times. They always surpass the other restaurants on the island for quality food, service, and ambience. Grab a seat on the patio, because, well, you're in Hawaii, and it overhangs the ocean. Their "aloha" hours are pretty decent (3 to 5). They offer a fantastic $6 Mai Tai, or you can grab a $4 draft brew or marg, or a $5 wine. You get a reasonable amount of drink for your money. Remember, money doesn't go as far in Paradise--these prices are on the lower end of what you'll see in Maui. Go for the fish dishes if you want to experience Maui, but if you're timid, I'd recommend the caprese sandwich for something more traditional at lunchtime. The lunch menu, understandably, is slightly smaller than the dinner menu. I'd recommend going for a sunset happy hour drink, and make it last through dinner so you can experience the best fish dinner on Maui--the parmesan-crusted Opah (white fish) dusted with panko crumbs, herbed beurre blanc with capers (not offered on the lunch menu). We didn't always experience the best customer service on Maui, but Kimo's--you nailed it.

• Visited June 2012
michigan
“Wow! Taking care of business.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I went to Kimo for sunset dining. We had been there a few times before. The night before we had a so-so meal at one of the other restaurants owned by the TS group. (I will not mention the restaurant by name because we really like it and will go back.) I mentioned this to our hostess Laura, who was fabulous the whole night. Laura mentioned it to the General Manager Chris Almeroth. When we were seated Chris came over with our waitress Erika to introduce himself. He apologized on behalf of the other restaurant and he did everything he could, along with Erika, to make our dinner special. When the food was brought out he was right there to check on the quality. The food was incredible. He did the same with the drink order. We mentioned to him that we had eaten at every restaurant owned by TS in Hawaii and always enjoyed coming to them for the great food and service. He then brought over a complimentary slics of Hula Pie. Wow! We talked for quite a while and then he proceeded to check on all the other patrons in the house. I was floored. We have never had such great service anywhere in the islands. Thank you so much Chris, Laura, and Erika for making our stay so special!!!!

• Visited August 2012
saint george, utah
“Old Lahaina Town Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our dinner was wonderful and we had a coupon for the famous "Hula Pie" which puts all other desserts to shame.

Visited August 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Price is outrageous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

So I called a head of time and booked reservations weeks ahead of time. The lady on the phone told me they were a local brand and very reasonable on prices, but when I arrived most things were $30+ the service is sizzler quality and food was about the same, def not worth the money, never going back.

Visited August 2012