“A worthy experience!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 225 restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Asian fusion
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Street Food
Description: Delicious Thai-Fusion cuisine in a comfortable, "come as you are" sidewalk cafe style setting. With outdoor seating and plenty of on-site parking. Walking distance to shopping, bars and nightclubs in the heart of historic Lahaina town.
San Jose, California, United States
“A worthy experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I kept hearing the Crying Thaiger call to me every time we took the shuttle to and from Lahina. At first glacé the little trailer on the side of the road looked like what some might categorize as a roach coach... Yet something about it kept drawing me in... so I asked a taxi driver on our way back to our villa one night and she said they served very good Thai food...

So on our first free day I insisted we stay in and I run out and grab some to go food. My stepson and I made a run and brought some pad-thai and satay skewers back, with extra peanut sauce of course. Steve the owner was very friendly and cooked us up some of the best and most unique Thai food I have ever experienced. I would recommend this little place to anyone visiting Maui that is Jonesing for great Thai food and friendly people.... It was a worthy experiance!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Lahaina, Hawaii, United States
“Awesome little spot, good food, cool peeps.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the pad thai and a of couple chicken satay skewers with a Thai iced tea. The food was good, tasted fresh and homemade. Nice mint flavor in the peanut sauce which was different but really good. The iced tea was awesome except my girlfriend drank it all, I recommend buying at least 2 each it was so good. If I'm being picky I would like a little more flavor from the pad thai, more sauce maybe, but it was still good. I will definitely be back, and while I don't want to wait in line behind a bunch of tourists next time because of my review, I had to give some props online because food trucks are awesome and Thai food trucks are even better! Keep it up gents! And they take cards which is clutch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maui, Hawaii
“Great Food; Super Friendly People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just had an delicious meal. We had the Pad Thai and Satay both were tasty. We had mild/med and found it had some heat. The people running the stand were great at explaining the menu and how spicy everything was. Our 11 year old loved the chicken satay. We'll be back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Jose, California, United States
“Great Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This little trailer is right across the street from the Westin Villas. It is great for that night that you are just too tired to go back to restaurants and you just want to enjoy the food in your hotel. They make fresh to order. Not too many things on the menu but I had the Pad Thai with colossal shrimp for only $12. Big enough to be shared. They accept credit cards. They customize how spicy you want your dish. Right next to it there is a hot dog truck for the kids that sell "waffle dogs".

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco, California
“Best Thai Food on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Maui has a surprising slim number of Thai food options and most of them are frankly horrible. Based on this I was reluctant to try out the Crying Thaiger food cart. Boy am I glad I did!

The menu is small, which is such a great thing, they are able to really focus on the quality and freshness of the food items they offer. After talking with Steve, you can really see his vision of creating "street food" for a Maui audience. I have had the Pad Thai ( by far the best on the island) the Spicy Minced Chicken Salad (Larb) and the Green Papaya Salad - all made fresh and with excellent flavoring. Be sure to pick your hotness level, if you like it hot they will make you happy.

The price is great and the sizes generous, I really can't think of a better way to get a good meal and support at great local business all in one shot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere