“They probably sold my little scooter” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 132 activities in Lahaina
Attraction Details
FL
5 attraction reviews
“They probably sold my little scooter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

As of today..im taking Aoha Motor Sports to court. As of today...Aug.15th 2013..was told come in with receipt after Aug. 13th and before 18th. Left numerous nessages..nothing. i will be dropping off receipt. Then im takung legal action. This owner keeps saying i told him i had a razor. He wanted to replace my scooter with a childs razor from Costco. I NEVER HAD A RAZOR! I Used to work next door. Was speaking to a mechanic there Rob, over a Period Of a few mths about fixing my scooter, and he told me just drop it on by. I had in the garage at Alamo for months. all it needed was a screw in the handlebars and a new battery. I received one text that said they didn't have time to come pick it up. I text him back and say I'm patient. I never received another text and never ever ever ever ever received one phone call. they knew I worked next door, they could of dropped it off next door or they could have asked if I was around. I did drop by in December nobody knew anything about the bike. I left numerous messages especially with an old manager who is no longer there. The mechanic is no longer there. and the new manager called me back once, said he would check into this and never called me back. I have left numerous messages with Bob the manager and was told he was on vacation still received no messages back from Bob about checking this out for me. After going in there once a mth..leaving messages, i finally received a phone call from the owner Richard who told me the bike was put outside after they called me numerous times which never ever ever ever happened. I could pull up all my phone records, show me one record that from aloha motor sports nothing nothing. this was not an expensive scooter it was one of those battery operated ones I bought it brand new for 750 bucks. how did they not take any responsibility?. the law states if you have something in your possession for somebody else you have to take better care of that possession better then the person that actually owns it. only 1 text ever tried to notify me. How about a message..we're dumping it if youre not here. do they put a little thing in the newspaper anything to try to notify me or even go next door or anything to try and see Iif there was a cross communication. Im a client! I do a local TV show here, and I havent mentioned this incident...however..now I will. People need to know who these people really are. My friend brought his mitorcycle in for repair, NEVER WAS REPAIRED..put him through crap. Blamed HIM for THEIR poor customer service.Then last week actually Richard said I'll call you by Monday, Monday past I called him on Friday, I get, hes not in, hes with customers..blablabla. finally get a phone call late afternoon on my voucemail said I'll call you Monday. I have been extremely patient that this is now July. Do you think I've been patient enough? Do you think I've had the run around enough?. I used to send people to them all the time, ALL the time, and now never ever ever EVER will I ever send anybody to Aloha Motorsports they take no responsibility, don't even make me an offer of replacement. Nothing! Then I'm told that the person I left the scooter with, was an independent contractor even though he worked there.Do I care about this? How am I supposed to know that, and I dont give a rats patoody. When I called on Friday his wife told me how rude I am as I'm trying to talk to her and she's constantly interrupting me. SHE'S rude. And I'm sorry my phone makes my voice sound louder than it actually is when I talk, does not make me rude. Interrupting me as I'm trying to explain something IS rude. I will make sure this gets far and wide that nobody uses Aloha Motor Sports in Lahaina Kaanapali any longer. Aloha....ps..Owner Richard as of two weeks, and again after leaving me a message that he will call me Mon. The 22 of July 2013..again had failed to respond. Im am now filing with the BBB...and taking legal action. I SWEAR..BEWARE OF ALOHA MOTOR SPORTS....

Visited November 2012

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome for Beginner and Experienced Riders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We rented scooters from the location in Kihei and the staff were very, very helpful and polite. They made sure that everyone knew how to safely ride their scooter or motorcycle safely before leaving the parking lot, and the prices were extremely reasonable.

Visited August 2013
FL
5 attraction reviews
“They probably sold my little scooter”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Used to work next door. Was speaking to a mechanic there over a Period Of a few mths months about fixing my scooter, and he told me just drop it on by I had in the garage at Alamo for months. all it needed was a screw in the handlebars and a new battery. I received one text that said they didn't have time to come pick it up. I text him back and say I'm patient. never received another taext and never ever ever ever ever received one phone call. they knew I work next door they could drop it off next door or they could have askedIif I was around. I did drop by in December nobody knew anything about the bike. left numerous messages especially with an old manager who is no longer there. the mechanic is no longer there. and the new manager called me back once said he would check into this and never called me back. I have left numerous messages with Bob the manager and was told he was on vacation still received no messages back from Bob did you check this out for me. After going in there once a mth..leaving messages, i finally received a phone call from the owner Richard who told me the bike was put outside after they called me numerous times which never ever ever ever happened. I could pull all my phone records show me one record that from aloha motor sports nothing nothing. this was not an expensive scooter it was one of those battery operated ones I bought it brand new for 750 bucks. how did they not take any responsibility. the law states if you have something in your possession for somebody else you have to take better care of that then the person that actually owns it. no one but 1 text ever tryied to notify me. How about a message..we're dump8ng it if youre not here. do they put a little thing in the newspaper anything to try to notify me or even go next door or nothing. then this past week or last week actually Richard said I'll call you by Monday, Monday past I called him on Friday finally get a phone call late afternoon said I'll call you Monday I have been extremely patient that this is now July do you think I've been patient enough do you think I've had the run around enough. I used to send people to them all the time all the time and now never ever ever will I ever send anybody to Aloha Motorsports they take no responsibility don't even make me an offer nothing they know they have a bike. then I'm told that the person I left it too was an independent contractor even though he work there how am I supposed to know that. when I called on Friday his wife told me how rude I am as I'm trying to talk to her and she's constantly interrupting me. she's rude. and I'm sorry my phone makes my voice sound louder than it actually is when I talk does not make me rude interrupting me as I'm trying to explain something is it is rude. I will make sure this gets far and wide that nobody uses place any longer aloha

Visited November 2012
Banff, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the volcano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I rented a HD Heritage Softail for day to see the top of the Haleakala volcano. What a great way to see it! The Harley I rented was very comfy and very clean. They must spend half the day polishing the chrome. The staff were great and the bike ran like a dream. Will definitely rent from them again next time I am back in Maui. Their bikes were much better deals than what I found from other places on the island.

Visited July 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
“Incompetent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I brought my Suzuki in to Aloha about 6 months ago to have a new tire put on. They ordered a new one for me and told me that it would take a couple of weeks to get in. After about a month of no returned call I stopped in. They said they could put it on right away. They put the wrong tire on. When I pointed it out, they didn't offer to replace the tire, they just gave me a 10% discount. A few months later I was actually offered a position with the company. I was told by Richard the owner that they needed someone like me to get the place organized as customer service had gone down hill. But they couldn't afford me and so off I went. A few weeks later I decided to buy a scooter. I walked in and said hi to Richard and he gave me a great deal...although it took four trips to the store to get my scooter because it was never ready even though they said it was. Part of the deal was to pick up my Suzuki and have it serviced. It took well over a week to even get someone on the phone to schedule the pickup. Once They had my bike, they told me it had a cracked front manifold and that they couldn't fix it. Ok great...send it back. They insisted that they had no room to store it and that it had to be returned to me ASAP. I waited on the day they said they would bring it. Never showed up. Then the next day. Same thing. Never showed up. A few days later my scooter completely broke down on the highway at 45 mph. It just shut off and wouldn't start again. I had to push the scooter a mile back to my house late at night. I called the next day and told them what had happened. They assured me that they would make everything right. I was getting married the next day so we agreed to wait until I got back from my honeymoon. After about 4 or 5 messages left for either Bob or Richard to call me back with no results, I finally told the front desk to get Richard out of his "meeting" and get on the phone which he did and agreed for a full refund and to pick up the scooter and return my bike. He put Bob in charge of handling the situation. Bob and I arranged a time to call and discuss the details. When I called at that time, Bob had already gone home for the day, even though we agreed to talk at that time. I left a message for him and no returned call. Bob then called a the next week to say that they were on their way to drop off my bike and pick up the scooter. He never asked if I was home or ready for the transfer. Luckily my wife relayed the information and was able to meet him there. They have now had the scooter back in their possession for over a week and won't return any of my calls about the refund. They are avoiding me at all costs. I've left messages on their answering service as it seems like they answer the phone only sometimes. I've left messages with actual people who did answer the phone to have Richard or Bob call me back. Every time I call they are in "meetings". DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. I have now stopped trying to call them and they obviously are not proactive with their customers. They owe me a lot of money. Well over $1200.00 Horrible experience. I tried to let them make it right and they assured me they would. I will be bringing a lawsuit against them in the very near future if I don't receive my refund this week.

Visited May 2013
AlohaMotorsports, Manager at Aloha Motorsports, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We are sorry to hear of your continued dissatisfaction, even though we've granted many exceptions to our company policies to try and help you. Please know we remain more than happy to address your case and find some way to make sure you are happy with us at Aloha Motorsports. We care very much about our customers and do what ever it takes to make them happy and make every effort to do what we can to give the best service.

Reading your review, we see there are many inaccuracies. We do not wish to address them in a public forum such as TripAdvisor, nor do we wish to address the reasons we could not bring you on staff. We would like to say that we've made many exceptions to company policy to try to help you, and we remain eager to continue to resolving this with you. Please contact us privately and we'll be happy to move forward.

For posterity, we do offer a warranty period on our used bikes and scooters. The warranty period is clearly written out and explained, and we advise all customers to be aware of these terms.