“SUP in Lahaina” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 164 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Tours, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Educational and Cultural ocean activities. Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe, Ocean Kayaks, Stand Up Paddleboard and Surfing. The difference is in environmental and sustainable approach to true Eco-tourism. Our guides are certified Marine Naturalist and the best on Maui. We pride ourselves on offering much more than just a fun day on the water. We want all of our guests to leave our tours knowing more about these beautiful islands, the host culture and the marine world we call our 'office'.
Surrey, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“SUP in Lahaina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Took a lesson in stand up paddling from Brandon this morning. He made it a very enjoyable trip and I had a great time learning the ropes and chatting with him as we paddled the calm early morning waters near Lahaina. He's a very knowledgeable and friendly guide. It all seemed fairly easy until he had me try his smaller board. Then I quickly realized I needed some more practice :)

Visited December 2013

Canberra
“A Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was a great experience! so relaxing and chilled our guide Brandon was amazing and very insightful, told us all about the island and made the whole experience enjoyable and cool. We saw sea turtles, countless different types of fish, the coral was amazing with the water so clear and warm!
Just wanted to thank you for the awesome morning we had with you and for the photos. It was definitely a highlight of our trip. Brandon was great and made the whole experience fun and relaxing. Brandon thankyou also for all the great tips on what to do. We did them all and really appreciated being able to see the less tourist-y part of Maui. Venus pools and Sunday at Little Beach was amazing/crazy. You definitely made our entire trip better with your suggestions.

Thanks again guys, we will definitely be telling people to come to you guys when in Maui.

Much appreciated

Jamie and Tom

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
38 attraction reviews
“Swim with the Green Turtles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We met Ari our guide at 7:45am and after a quick training we got in our outrigger canoe as our guide did hawaiian chants as we entered the ocean for safe travels and upon our return. This was a great canoeing experience as we are avid kayakers. Our boys, ages 12 and 10, loved this trip to the turtle cleaning station where we jumped out of the canoe and donned our snorkel gear to then swim with the turtles. There were so many turtles at this "cleaning station" where they love to hang out and you could swim right up to them although we never touched them. Great educational experience as well as loads of fun!!!

Visited April 2013
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
“Perfect way to start the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We met with Curtis at 7:45am this morning for some semi private beginner's paddleboarding. He is attentive, helpful, and funny.

The paddleboard and paddle are of good condition, they kept it very well.

This was pretty fun. My wife and I enjoyed the guide, we saw several sea turtles, atleast 8+, got was close as you can without disturbing them. We also got a good lesson about the land and ocean.

The 2 hours just flew by fast. Condition was perfect! I would book with them again.

Dont worry about photo's. just concentrate on keeping yourself on the board. Curtis used a gopro hero3 to snap pictures of us, the reefs, fishes, and turtles. He got the photos to us within 2 hours and they look great!

Visited August 2013
Mountain View, California
9 attraction reviews
“OK experience, a bit pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We chose this trip because previous perfect reviews on Tripadvisor. We went for the Coral Gardens Outrigger. It's my first time in a canoe so so canoeing itself was a unique experience to me. Overall it was a OK experience, but didn't live up to my exceptions given its high price tag. Seven of us on the boat, me & my wife and another family of 4, and the guide. The guide wasn't quite active. We paddling close to the sea shore, and then snorkeling for a while in the sea.

We paddling close to the sea shore, and then snorkeling for a while in the sea. Not very good visibility in the sea and I didn't see anything in the sea while we are in the canoe (I was expecting to see some of the coral structures or some fishes). In the water we saw several turtles but not a lot of other fishes. (Not comparable to the snorkeling trip we took a day before.)

Visited May 2013