“Best snorkel trip I've had in Maui” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 165 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Boat Tours, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Ultimate Snorkel is an owner operated snorkel trip that takes you from Lahaina Maui to 3 snorkel destinations on Lanai. Our vessel is safe, fast and only takes 16 or less passengers. You will encounter dolphins, turtles, coral reefs and a variety of fish. Lanai is off the beaten path with 1000 foot sea cliffs, caves, blowholes and more. We specialize in local information, fun and adventure. This comes with breakfast, lunch and your snorkel gear!
7 attraction reviews
“Best snorkel trip I've had in Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been disappointed with snorkel trips in Maui before- but not this time. Captain Ryan and Nori did not disappoint. I was skeptical at first. Didn't bring my own equipment and thought I should have. Wondered how all of us would be comfortable on such a small boat. Once we were on our way I started to relax and enjoy. We saw whales and spinner dolphins along out routes to different snorkel spots :). Both Ran and Nori were very knowledgeable and helpful. I have still had better snorkeling experiences on my own - but today was equally special with swimming with white tipped reef sharks and octopi.

Mission
4 attraction reviews
“I'll be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been out twice with Noni and Ryan and all I can say is I will see you for a third time around on my next trip to Maui. Do not hesitate to book a trip. You will not be disappointed!

BC, Canada
“Best snorkeling ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

A most do if you are snorkeling fan. Ryan and Noni are wonderful guides. Nona is like a mermaid.
The boat ride was a lot of fun we saw beautiful colorful fish, tons of turtles, dolphins, whales and sharks. We had a blast and will do it again with them when we are coming back.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Fabulous day....again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

So we went out for the second time with Captain Ryan and Noni (whom my 6yr old Fletch, has a special crush on ) for a day of snorkelling and adventure! There were 10 of us - children ( one 3yr old, one 4yr old, two 6yr olds and a Birthday boy who turned 7 that day - lucky kid!!) Needless to say we were blown away with our snorkel day in 2012 with this crew and talked about how it likely couldn't beat this time around but yes they did it - WOW!!
Not only did we come up close & personal with a pod of whales... apparently 7 males chasing and fighting for 1 adored female! Captain Ryan was able to dangled a couple of us in the water off the boat so we could see them swim under us first hand!! You absolutely cannot get this kind of experience any other way... not legally anyways! FANTASTIC!! In fact one of us said it was "life changing".
Then of course we went through a pod of about 300 spinner dolphins - whom have no issues with having fun with jumping/spinning making all the kids on board scream with delight - then off to snorkel for a bit! HA! Had a fabulous breakfast and lunch on board, then we screamed to the area we went last year where we were able to swim with a few other ocean dwellers... in fact 3 White Tip Reef Sharks came to check us out along with a couple gigantic sea turtles! Crazy day!
Again an amazing day that our group still talk about regularly during every conversation. So again a big thanks to Captain Ryan and Noni - we will seek you guys out again when we return :)
From - Nikki, Glenn, Fletch 6, Willa 4, Carson, Simone, Colton 6, Kiefer 3, Chas and Coban 7 :)

Prince Albert, Canada
“best snorkel trip ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ryan and Noni made a great place to visit even better they make you feel comfortable and safe with all there experience and you can tell they love there jobs. This creates a great experience for everyone they got us close to a group of whales and we were lucky enough to have the whales swim right up to us to look in our boat and swim under us for about twenty minutes it was one of the most exciting things i have experienced. After this they took us snorkeling to lanai it was a great time and a must snorkel or dive. The hole day they both were interacting with the group the hole time like we were all family. I look forward to returning to Maui and a must do is another trip with Ryan and Noni . Thanks for the most amazing trip the two of you made it a very special part of our trip to Maui. As long as you are fine with motion the small boat is the way to go you are ten times closer to everything it is a big part of the excitement compared to the larger boats

Visited February 2013