“A delight to the senses!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #55 of 164 Activities in Lahaina
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
4 attraction reviews
“A delight to the senses!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The Feast at Lele was a fantastic trip across Polynesia without leaving our table on the beach in Lahaina! My husband and I tend to steer clear of all things "buffet". The very idea of waiting in line to load up our plates with all courses at once is totally unappealing.

At Lele, you have your own table for two or however large your party is. You're greeted with a Mai tai, but then you have your choice of other cocktails or wine pairings with each course. We had a four course meal with entertainment from Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti and Samoa. Each course consisted of three small plates (12 in all) of gourmet food that you wouldn't find at other luaus or restaurants. Everything was delicious and so flavorful! Dessert was actually a fifth course with a macadamia nut tartlet, fresh fruit and chocolate truffles.

At $115 pp it was more than we usually pay, but it was well worth the price. It was definitely an evening we will long remember.

Santa Cruz, California
“A truly great time, an evening to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The check in desk was a little tricky to find since it’s in a shopping complex, but we followed another couple in and found it.
The tables are laid out in a crescent shape around the stage and are terraced so everyone has a great view of the show. The stage sits smack dap in front of the most beautiful ocean front view with Lanai in the background, which makes for great sunsets. Each group gets their own table and there didn’t appear to be a bad seat in the house. The relatively small number of tables (about 200 people compared to the 800 at Old Lahaina Luau) was great, it made it feel like we were really connected to everything that was happening.

When we arrived, we were greeted with high quality orchid leis, a choice of fruit juice or Mai Tais and then personally escorted to our table by our waiter Randy. We had only booked our reservation 3 days earlier (table location is given on a first come, first serve basis, so those who book early get the best table location) so we were very pleasantly surprised when we were given a table right in the center only one level up from the stage. I personally think this is the best location in the house since its raised about a foot above the stage, making the visibility great.
The tables were preset with taro chips, fresh island salsa and poi, which was great for snacking as soon as you sat down. We were served our first course within 10-15 minutes of arriving. I believe we had 4 courses, plus dessert. Each course is from a different region that contributes to the Hawaiian heritage. As each regional course is served, the show matches dances from that region, very cool. The food Is served family style and you can ask your waiter for as many send helpings as you like.
There is a menu of unlimited “free” drinks to choose from as well as a list of premium drinks that you pay extra for. Our group was very pleased with the flavors and quality of the “all you can handle” Mai Tais, Pina Coladas and house red wine.

The service was outstanding, our waiter Randy had a great sense of humor and always seemed to be there when we wanted him.
The food was delicious and really interesting since it tied into the history of Hawaii
The drinks were great
The view and location cannot be beat
The show and dancing was really good, a little bit of everything including a fire dancer. I personally feel like the show at the Old Lahaina Luau has a little more impact, but the dancers at The Feast at Lele were fantastic

I would say the only downside to the Feast of Lele is that they don’t have a pig ceremony. I love the tradition and excitement of the pig ceremony. But I would definitely trade the pig ceremony for the other perks the Feast at Lele offers.

We had such a great experience and would go back in a second. Well worth the cost.

Orange, California
28 attraction reviews
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My SIL was visiting the islands for her first time. She wanted to attend a Luau, her mobility is limited. A perfect choice for us.

Visited September 2013
Sacramento, California
9 attraction reviews
“Romantic, Beautiful, Entertaining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My bride and I came here on our honeymoon after a staff member at the Westin recommended it. We got there early, received out lei's and were seated at the ocean front with gorgeous views of the sun setting. The whole place was packed and ready for a fun, romantic evening. We "traveled" through the South Pacific pleasing our appetites with delicious food and drinks (which were unlimited and included in the bill :) ) The music and dancing was very well done and quite impressive. We enjoyed watching the sun go down, and we were sad when we had to leave. This is definitely a couples or group date setting, I would not suggest bringing kids as it is not interactive like other luaus.

San Francisco, California
“Wonderful food, show, and service. 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Even queued up in line to get checked in, we were treated to a spectacular sunset over Mount Lanaihale on the island of Lanai. We enjoyed a Mai Tai as were seated and started snacking on Hors d'oeuvre. As others have mentioned, be sure to pace yourself as there are 4 main courses and a dessert course, none of which you want to skip or miss. The first drinks were sweet and relatively weak, but subsequent offerings were quite stiff. I tried a few of the drinks but thought the lava flow was the best.

The staff all introduced themselves and let you know their role in service. Our servers were amazing. Patient when explaining the meal and its components, friendly and conversational when things were slower. Overall, very attentive, very courteous and professional.

The performers were excellent as well. The beauty and the pageantry were remarkable. I would only comment that I wish the stage was just a tad higher up or the guests down front seated a little lower. That's my only complaint/criticism. Most of the performers looked as if they were having a good time. I also enjoyed the two singers who provided romantic mood music between courses.

I would highly recommend this luau. I know it was more expensive than some of the others, but overall a great value and a memorable event.