“Really the Best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mahina Surf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lahaina
Mahina Surf
4057 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Special Price
10% OFF 14+ Night Stay
Ranked #11 of 42 Specialty lodging in Lahaina
“Really the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2004

This turned out to be the most wonderful place for a holiday. The ocean and sunset views are second to none. The unit are nicely equipped including full kitchens. Although there was no air conditioning, bit was not needed with the nice trade winds which blow through the condominium. There were also two ceiling fans which kept it very pleasant. It was very nice to have high speed internet access available at no extra charge to keep track of family email and news. You will really enjoy the park like setting of this condominium with the beautiful gardens and flowers. It certaily deserves a 5 star rating!

• Stayed December 2004

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2004

This is a pretty place but they have too many rules. We are a family of six and they had a rule of no noise after 8pm. There is no air conditioning so you have to keep your windows open and so any talking you do will be heard. Of course at 8 we are not ready to be completely quiet so it made me feel uncomfortable that we were on vacation and I basically had to make the kids whisper. The no A/C really is too hot even with the windows open. It is neat that the turtles swim in the water just outside the condos. The pool is a good size. The units are a bit old but OK. The staff is nice and accommodating. You can't swim in the ocean here but we knew that. Maui is just not Kauai which is probably why it was a bit of a dissapointment to be here. It is an OK place to go but I wouldn't go back again because I don't want to be told when I have to be soooo quiet.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2004

Some of the units are a bit old. I peeked at the neighbor's 2 bedroom unit and it was newer compared to where we stayed. The best thing about where we stayed it had everything, cooking utensils, books, guides, and beach gear.

The previous reviews posted here were mostly accurate. All units face the ocean, there are turtles at sun set, bbq grills were very useful, and the management was outstanding.

I can confirm that the sprinklers start at 5:30AM everyday. The first night was annoying but after that I did not even feel them.

We went in August and it was HOT!!!. Air condition would have been nice but we knew this when we made the reservations but the heat caught us off guard. We usually go to Maui either before or after the summer.

Overall, we really had a nice experience; the grounds were very well kept. If you are expecting a 5-star resort look somewhere else.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

I was invited to stay with a friend. (He paid) It was great! I counted 15 turtles just off shore one night waiting for the best sunset I have ever seen. The locals sit by the pool every night around 5:00 and B.S.
Over all I hope I was not Maui spellbound but I would like to return someday.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2004

This place was just wonderful. Every condo has such a beautiful view. We fell asleep to the sound of the ocean everynight. We stayed here from 3/24/04-4/1/04. The sunsets are indeed some of the best I have ever seen in my life. We saw whales jumping every day right from our lanai. Our condo was very clean and stocked with everything you need, especially in the kitchen. There is laundry facilities there, too. There is a fish market and supermarket just a 2 minute drive away. We grilled fish or steak every night on the BBQ grills that are on the property. It is very easy to make friends with your neighbors. The rental staff is awesome and will help you with whatever you need. I have traveled to Europe, South America, the Bahamas and all across the mainland. This was one of the best places I ever stayed. I really enjoyed staying in a condo vs. hotel.

• Stayed December 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

My wife and I spent our one year anniversary at the Mahina Surf.
Learned about the place from a local resident. We found the condo, its grounds, staff, and entire experience as nice and fullfilling as one can hope. We would recommend the place to anyone. It is private yet conveniently located, clean and homey within, yet spectacular just one step out the lanai. The views are worth framing, sunsets like dreamscapes, the lapping of waves wake you each morning. Still a good deal, but recommend you get in before prices go up.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2003

We recently had a great 2-week experience here. People are nice, managers are very helpful and responsive to any questions/concerns.
Extremely well maintained. Beware, no air conditioning, however.
Hopefully you won't need it. This part of Maui tends to be windier and a bit cooler than the Kaanapali area. Our unit was beautiful and well-appointed. When they say "ocean front" you can believe it ...
great view of Molokai and we enjoyed snorkeling with the turtles in front of the condo nearly every day. Good swimming beach within walking distance. Recommended by a friend who has gone for 10 years and we weren't disappointed. Great for families! We honestly didn't notice any early morning noise, but we are early risers and were on the 2nd floor.

Been to Mahina Surf? Share your experiences!