“Mahina Surf wow!” 4 of 5 stars

4057 Lower Honoapiilani Road, Lahaina, Maui, HI 96761   |
Ranked #13 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Lahaina
“Mahina Surf wow!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

I was invited to stay with a friend. (He paid) It was great! I counted 15 turtles just off shore one night waiting for the best sunset I have ever seen. The locals sit by the pool every night around 5:00 and B.S.
Over all I hope I was not Maui spellbound but I would like to return someday.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2004

This place was just wonderful. Every condo has such a beautiful view. We fell asleep to the sound of the ocean everynight. We stayed here from 3/24/04-4/1/04. The sunsets are indeed some of the best I have ever seen in my life. We saw whales jumping every day right from our lanai. Our condo was very clean and stocked with everything you need, especially in the kitchen. There is laundry facilities there, too. There is a fish market and supermarket just a 2 minute drive away. We grilled fish or steak every night on the BBQ grills that are on the property. It is very easy to make friends with your neighbors. The rental staff is awesome and will help you with whatever you need. I have traveled to Europe, South America, the Bahamas and all across the mainland. This was one of the best places I ever stayed. I really enjoyed staying in a condo vs. hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2004

My wife and I spent our one year anniversary at the Mahina Surf.
Learned about the place from a local resident. We found the condo, its grounds, staff, and entire experience as nice and fullfilling as one can hope. We would recommend the place to anyone. It is private yet conveniently located, clean and homey within, yet spectacular just one step out the lanai. The views are worth framing, sunsets like dreamscapes, the lapping of waves wake you each morning. Still a good deal, but recommend you get in before prices go up.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2003

We recently had a great 2-week experience here. People are nice, managers are very helpful and responsive to any questions/concerns.
Extremely well maintained. Beware, no air conditioning, however.
Hopefully you won't need it. This part of Maui tends to be windier and a bit cooler than the Kaanapali area. Our unit was beautiful and well-appointed. When they say "ocean front" you can believe it ...
great view of Molokai and we enjoyed snorkeling with the turtles in front of the condo nearly every day. Good swimming beach within walking distance. Recommended by a friend who has gone for 10 years and we weren't disappointed. Great for families! We honestly didn't notice any early morning noise, but we are early risers and were on the 2nd floor.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2003

My husband and I just spent two weeks at the Mahina Surf in Maui. It was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. The Condo's were very comfortable, clean and the grounds were a tourist attraction in themselves. They were very well maintained. Employees at the site were not only extremely courteous, they were also very helpful is making recommendations on places to eat and visit. I have already told all my friends about this place, and some of them are making their vacation plans to stay at the Mahina Surf. I give this place between Excellent and an Above Average Rating.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2003

i have been coming here for years...most guests are repeaters...you have to make reservations months in advance

• Stayed January 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2003

Mahina Surf used to be a great place but our most recent trip made us start looking for some place new. All units are individually owned and most are well appointed. The problem is mainly one of noise. There is no air conditioning so you have to have the windows open. They start with the gardening work at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning and the sprinklers start about 7:00. Imagine sleeping with your windows open and someone using a steel rake on concrete ten feet outside your window at 6:00 in the morning. Get the picture ? or maybe I should say "hear" what I mean :-) If it was once or twice during a two week stay it would be one thing, but every morning is a little too much. If I wanted to wake at 5:30, I'd just go to work...

Been to Mahina Surf? Share your experiences!