We went for 11 nights and it cost between $300 to $450 a night for an ocean view (which is a clear view of the ocean in my opinion). The prices are not cheap in the current market conditions. Don’t forget you are paying for a shell not any food etc. Well where do I start I arrived to someone smiling on reception who gave me a key. We walked for nearly 20 minutes to the room and man was it bad. You could see the ocean like a pinprick in the distance and the view was looking over a building site and it was dirty I felt sick. I went back to reception to go through to assistant manager then manager of desk blah blah and after 3 hours of arguing and viewing rooms I got the room I thought I had paid for. The actual manager of the hotel said that the people with he timeshares have the ocean front not ocean view what I had??? I believe in being upfront and that the website should be correct so beware as you dont get what you think your paying for. I feel if you are a guest the staff try to treat you like a second-class citizen but allow you to pay Ritz Carlton prices.
An "OWNER" time share person was rude enough to remove my towels when I went back to my room for 20 minutes to grab lunch when I came back down she told me that I was obviously new and did not know the rules as you can imagine I was not happy. I though I was staying in a 5 star hotel paying for luxury not a 3 star in Spain. To be honest there were to many of the Americans that dont leave America the ones without passports not necessary the most sophisticated. I kept thinking how could they afford this. There were no Europeans and I like Cosmopolitan hotels with all nationalities. The staff in general were ok but the managers had a big attitude problem with a cant do attitude. On the plus side the views were amazing it was like being in Lost the series. The sea was lovely and the hotels had BBQ's that guest could use for free. Once I had sorted my problems I stayed away from reception as did not want to be screwed up the rest of my holiday. Would not recommend the hotel for non owners as its not worth it. Any questions please ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning vistas and an exotic, idyllic setting on exclusive oceanfront property on Maui's North Beach, with golf, tennis, swimming, nd more. Perfect for a Hawaiian destination wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina