We usually stayed in Wailea, but I am glad we came to stay here! The resort is family focused, without sacrificing luxury. It never feels too busy and it is spread out. The grounds are spectacular and well laid out. It's our new favourite! The pools and toddler pools are wonderful and there are many. There is a large pirate ship that sprays water and has slides for kids. There is also a large kids play structure park here, right out the door of building 2. In the main pool there is a large slide (100ft?) that is still safe for little kids. The pool bar is situated in the heart of the action and offers wonderful cocktails and food. Kids 3 and under eat free when you order an entree, and their meal was amazing. They had a large piece of daily catch grilled fish, broccoli and rice or fries, enough for 2 little ones to share. The pizza left a lot to be desired and our grilled chicken was over charred, the New York steak was delicious, and the ahi tuna salad was great, just ask for the dressing on the side as you may get an over zealous portion of it. An excellent restaurant with really great service, and the convenience of it is a bonus. The manager's special daily cocktail for $6 is a real bargain considering they regularly go for $10-14.
We rented an ocean view 1 bedroom villa from a private owner on a timeshare rental site and what a great deal this is for such a spacious fully stocked villa with gorgeous decor. Just be aware that in Hawaii, even a very partial ocean view is classified as Oceanview. Our room had a musty smell I reported, hopefully they remediate that issue. The beach walk here is incredible, I think I prefer it since it is made of decking rather than concrete. Very easy on the knees, and safer for children if they fall.
The beach is gorgeous. There is a beautiful reef with many colourful fish for snorkelling right out front, and the rocks begin about 10 feet in so little ones can still splash on the sandy endless rock free shoreline. You have to rent chairs and sometimes there wouldn't be an attendant there for a very long time, but we're happy to sit on the Hawaii sand nonetheless.
I couldn't ask for more on a family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning vistas and an exotic, idyllic setting on exclusive oceanfront property on Maui's North Beach, with golf, tennis, swimming, nd more. Perfect for a Hawaiian destination wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina