“Customer Service At It's Finest!” 5 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Puyallup, Washington
“Customer Service At It's Finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Rarely, in my many years of travel, have I experienced the kind of customer service I received at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, and I don't believe I have ever written a review like I will write today. From the moment my husband and I stepped foot on the ground, from the bell person greeting us at our car, to the concierge person who introduced us to the property, the service was beyond amazing. We arrived early and our room was not quite ready but Jade, a front desk agent, checked us in so when the room was ready it would be a simple procedure. The check-in experience was fabulous. Jade offered us a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite, but when I said the room wasn't as important to us as the view, she immediately looked at other rooms and found a one-bedroom suite with a beautiful view. That experience was followed by lunch at the Pailolo Bar & Grill. Our server was awesome and Jade called me on my cell phone to tell me our room was ready just as we were finishing lunch. When we returned to get our keys, Jade greeted us by name and made us feel like we were VIP guests.

Our next incredible experience came when we met with the hotel concierge person assigned to us, Akesa. Akesa exemplified everything one would expect in 5-star customer service. She was professional and courteous, but with a warmth and familiarity that made us feel comfortable and at home from the beginning. Without a doubt, she was THE highlight of our Westin experience. I am not sure how Westin trains or hires their personnel, but whomever is in charge deserves kudos!

Although Jade and Akesa were "name notable", each person with whom we came in contact, was outstanding. The rooms at this hotel are lovely and well equipped, as one would expect from a Westin in Maui, but it is the customer service that make this hotel different than any other my husband and I have experienced!

You will gather from my previous reviews on Trip Advisor that, to me, customer service is paramount! We expect cleanliness and excellence in our hotel rooms. The only thing that differentiates the great hotels from the one of a kind hotels is the customer service. The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas is at the top! Thanks!

Room Tip: Although we had booked a standard room, we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. I don't know w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This very large resort is mostly time share rentals, but we stayed for a four day trip booked through Westin. We reserved an Ocean View Deluxe Studio many months in advance and had the reservation confirmed. When we arrived at the resort, we had to wait until four to get our condo (which is typical), but were very dismayed to discover that the condo looked out on a large air conditioner which was screened by tall vegetation. We basically had a view of the sky and not too much of that. We were also on the first floor with an elevated walkway going by the room and the total impression was that we were living in a cave. Although we immediately requested another condo, because we were staying from Wednesday through Sunday, we did not match the Saturday to Saturday rhythm of the time shares--and they said they couldn't do anything. We checked again the next day, but still nothing. We were unable to move from the cave the four days we were there despite having paid for an upgraded room. When this was discussed with the management, they were very concerned about improving their front desk training, but did not offer anything for the poor quality room. I am sure that visitors who stay in a time share would have many more options, and the resort itself was nice and well located. There are many options for condo rentals in this area including the Honua Kai nearby that offer a great deal more for the money. Westin sold us something that they did not deliver, and we feel that they didn't even come close to working the situation out to our satisfaction.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Krystle S, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Aloha and thank you for your comments. We are greatly disappointed that we were unable to provide you with a perfect stay. As we take great pride in our staff who are dedicated to providing instinctive and renewing service, we would be grateful to have the opportunity to personally speak with you in further detail on how we missed the mark. Please respond to krystle.silva@westin.com with your preferred contact information and a Westin team member will personally connect with you. Again we apologize and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Mahalo,
The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been vacationing at this resort for the past 7 years. It continues to be wonderful. This last time pool and activities staff Vincent Noga went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. We had brought our 1 year old son with us and he had the patience and courage to help us investigate sunglasses, child swim goggles, and beach gear. Amazing customer service-thank you!

• Stayed September 2013
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Absolute best resort ever.Front desk staff excellent,so helpful.Pool areas are fantastic,everything is maintained so well.
We received the "Luau" as a gift. It was fantastic.The best holiday we have ever had.The Westin continues to be a world class resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I have been coming here every year for 8years. Love the spacious condos, even the studio villas are roomy and nice. Twice we've brought family and stayed in the large 2BR. Everyone loves this No Kaanapali location, the pools, and this beach location. Our 5 yr old grandson says this is his favorite "house" (timeshare condo) and never, ever wants to leave...between the beach and the great kids pool with a pirate ship to play on (at Villas North)...I understand his enthusiasm and agree with him!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This resort is wonderful. It is beautiful and snorkeling is right out your villas. The folks who contract with the hotel for snorkeling services were wonderful. Especially Brandon who made my trip by addressing my problem with my snorkeling mask right away when I approached them for help. That helped me enjoy snorkeling pretty much every day while there!

The hotel check-in staff need improvements in their service. They were slow and not very helpful or able to solve room locations issues satisfactorily. Nor they did care to follow up to see if they could do anything better. The room & pool service was great.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to water are better. The buildings closer to the road hear the road noise. I rated room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a very nice week at this resort. Staff was friendly and attentive. Pool and restaurant staff was excellent. Management was excellent in resolving an issue. It was just two of us but we wanted a bigger place than one hotel room and this met our needs. Plan on coming back and bringing the whole family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas? Share your experiences!