My husband and I stayed 12 nights for our honeymoon at the Westin Kaanapali Villas. Great stay... room was huge, included a washer and dryer, great location, nice pools, etc. When we think about this hotel though, there is nothing that stands out to us that would make us return if it were just the two of us. The hotel was filled with families with kids, which I think would be fantastic once we do have a family. However, if you are looking for an upscale or luxury resort, I would not include this in my list. But, it is a four star hotel, which fits great in this category.
The hotel was spotless, but we did have to request housekeeping to come clean our room on 4 or 5 days during our stay. When we would come back in late afternoon after a day at the pool, it was still not clean.
We had breakfast each day the hotel, which was included in our room rate. The daily buffet does not change though, so for variety go to the Sheraton or Westin. The Westin has a larger selection and a make-your-own omelet stand. We didn't go to the Westin until our next to last day and wish we would have gone sooner.
The pool chairs do fill up fast, so get to the pool early. The beach is beautiful but you do have to rent chairs to sit down there, or else just use your towel. There are two gyms, and for a resort this size, they do fill up fast. We did use the spa, which did have the prices of a luxury hotel. We got a couples massage, which was nice. Nothing spectacular, but it was perfect to relax us at the beginning of our stay. Use the coupons if you can or ask for a deal.
The sports bar on site has tons of TVs and during big games, it does fill up fast with fans. We are sports fans and loved this! Daily happy hour starts at 4:00. The food was also very good here.
Note that there are two buildings at this resort... when we checked in on our first night we unloaded all of our bags, went to check in only to find we were in the wrong building. Thus, we had to pack up our car and move to the other building. Maybe just stop at the security stand where you enter the resort to avoid this.
Use the free shuttle to Lahaina, which stops at the Sheraton and Westin, to avoid driving. It comes about every 20 minutes or so.
All in all, we had a great trip but as I mentioned, we wished we would have chosen a more luxury resort for our honeymoon. We researched every hotel in the area though, and for the room rate, this was a great deal. I can't knock the hotel since we chose this ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy stunning vistas and an exotic, idyllic setting on exclusive oceanfront property on Maui's North Beach, with golf, tennis, swimming, nd more. Perfect for a Hawaiian destination wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina