We are currently staying at Kahana Falls and are having a horrifying experience. We would like to caution others who are thinking of staying at this hotel. These are the main reasons:
1) During check-in, we were surprised with a utility fee of 5+ dollars a day. I booked the hotel through hotel.com and the fee was not transparent during booking. This is not standard fee imposed by other hotels
2) I have back problems and need a few extra pillows for support. I called housekeeping 4 times, left them messages without responses or pillows
3) The cutting board in the kitchen is dirty with old food residual sticking on it
4) Housekeeping only changed our towels. The entire room and bed were both untouched. I was informed by the front desk that I need to pay an extra fee if I want housekeeping to change my bed linen. I insisted that my husband has asthma and it is very important to have clean bed sheets every day. The front desk casually dismissed my medical concern and told me to call back tomorrow to talk to the “manager”
5) The air conditioning fan outside the room is extremely noisy. We have to put pillows over our ears to block out the noises at night
6) For the price, the room size is very tiny with old furniture and uncomfortable bed
Of note, this is our honeymoon and first time here in Maui. We had many accommodation options to choose from but we decided to go with Kahana Falls for our honeymoon stay. Our experience at this hotel has been nothing but full of negative surprises and disappointment. I made reservation for 2 more days but my husband and I are thinking of looking for another place tomorrow. If you are looking for a hotel in Maui, please avoid this place and let your friends/family know to cross this place off their list due to previously mentioned reasons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kahana Falls rests just steps from the beach on the west coast of Maui. Enjoy the lush landscaping, splashing waterfalls and wonderful amenities of this tropical resort. Each one- and two-bedroom unit offers a partial or full kitchen, air conditioning, lanai and much more. Our on-site activities desk will help you see the best of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Kahana Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Falls Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Maui/Lahaina