We stayed on the 4th floor of one of the main buildings in 408a. We had a view of the hot tub/pools which were decorated with waterfalls, sand and koi fish ponds. The sound from the waterfalls made it seem like we were sleeping beside the ocean. There was also a secondary hot tub located beside the Hale Kipa building - this one had beautiful landscaping and the waterfall covered up the noise of the road behind it.
The room was nothing special - 90s decor and well worn. There was a tub with jets which we didn't use. The bed was pretty standard with lots of pillows and extra bedding if you request it. Our lanai overlooked the pools and we had our breakfast there every morning if the wind wasn't too crazy. The barbeques are shared - two are located by the main pool and one is beside the secondary hot tub. We didn't have a problem sharing the bbq with the other occupants. Staff were very responsive to our requests for teapots, tea, bedding etc. We also rented beach mats and a road to hana guide from the front desk (mats were $2 for the week, and the cd was $3). Beach towels are provided for free if you request them. There was also an energy charge for our one bedroom suite of $11.21/day in January. Parking is free. They also have a concierge that will assist with luau bookings or suggest timeshare presentations for cheaper rates on snorkel trips (we passed on that).
The beach is across the street from this location. There was a wind storm when we first arrived and the water at the Kahana beach was crashing onto the shore. When we wanted to go to snorkel/swim, we mainly drove to the calmer waters of Napili beach to the north or Airport beach to the south (Ka'anapali) both about a 5 min drive.
During our stay in January we were able to view whales from the beaches.
Consider what you want to do before you book - this location is far from the better snorkel/diving locations so if you want to do this every day you may be driving alot. The location also added about an 1-2 hours to our drive to Hana and around the Haleakala national park side. It is very close to the golf courses in Kapalua where the Hyundai Golf Tourney was held.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kahana Falls rests just steps from the beach on the west coast of Maui. Enjoy the lush landscaping, splashing waterfalls and wonderful amenities of this tropical resort. Each one- and two-bedroom unit offers a partial or full kitchen, air conditioning, lanai and much more. Our on-site activities desk will help you see the best of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kahana Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Falls Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Maui/Lahaina