We have just returned, on 27th November, from a wonderful 16 day vacation to the Hawaiian Islands, 9 days spent in Maui and 7 days in Kauai. Without a doubt the Kahana Falls Resort was the biggest disappointment of the whole trip. Now before I start this was the only resort I could get into for the dates I wanted through my RCI timeshare exchange and the Studio was also all that was available.
The big pluses at the resort were the staff and everyone was very nice all of the time. As for location, the resort gets 5 out of 5 for being in Maui and only 15 minutes from downtown Lahaina where restaurants and shopping are in abundance.
The biggest negative was undoubtably our room, which as mentioned was a Studio. We did not know until we walked in that we were getting a pulldown Murphy Bed. We had to strip down our lounger (which incidently was the most uncomfortable setee I've ever sat on) and then pull the bed down out of the frame. We had to put weight on it to stop it springing up again. One of the door panels dropped off when we opened the fridge door and the balcony was tiny, although we did get the end of day sunshine into it, after the swimming pool area had been blocked out. This brings me to my last big complaint, the swimming pool was like stepping into the North Sea off the East coast of Scotland, it sucked the breath right out of your body, it was that cold. I hardly saw anyone in there and it was also shaded from sunlight for most of the day so there is little to no chance that it ever gets any warmer. I spent 2 minutes in there before I succumbed to the cold and ran up to the hot tub to recover.
There were many wonderful things about our time here, the trip to Hana being the highlight of the whole trip. As a car renter I normally get the job of driving on our sightseeing trips however we took the advice of others and booked the trip through the agent at the Kahana Falls and it proved to be a great decision. There were so many wonderful things to see and our trip with Valley Isles tours and our driver Wil was fantastic. Wil was born and raised in the area of Hana so we couldn't have had a better person to explain the area, a truely wonderful trip. We also went to the "Feast at LeLe" for our Luau, we thought it OK but I would give it a 3 out of 5.
Well time constraints mean I have to sign off, please feel free to ask me any questions
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Falls Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Maui
- Kahana Falls Maui/Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kahana Falls rests just steps from the beach on the west coast of Maui. Enjoy the lush landscaping, splashing waterfalls and wonderful amenities of this tropical resort. Each one- and two-bedroom unit offers a partial or full kitchen, air conditioning, lanai and much more. Our on-site activities desk will help you see the best of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Kahana Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.