After reading many horrible reviews, I was almost devastated that kahana falls was our destination. I called and tried to upgrade our room and we were put on a waiting list. I was a little frustrated, but we decided to just go with it and hope for the best. I am so glad that I didn't listen to the crotchety, high-maintenance opinions of other reviewers, and waste money on an upgrade! There was absolutley NOTHING wrong with our room! Yeah, it was "small" but it had everything that we needed! A bed, a dresser, a table, a sink, fridge, microwave, and a huge bathroom. I was on the lookout for bugs after all of the other reviewers were complaining, and i did not see a single bug the entire time we had our room. And i was on the lookout. But if you're any type of person that has common sense, you know that you will run into some type of bug or creature at least once on your trip to Hawaii, so get over it is all I can say to those complaints. The room itself was comfortable and cozy. No, it didn't have a balcony, which was a bit of a bummer, but I should thank them for giving us a room without one... it got us out of our room more, and that's exactly why we went to maui on vacation.. it gave us more of an excuse to get out and see and enjoy every bit of the island! The staff was also amazing and super friendly. I only have 3 complaints about this resort...first complaint is that the pool was really cold, but I can see how that would be enjoyable in the hot summer, so i didn't mind..(and it made me visit the sand bottom hot tub more, which was AMAZING!) second.. we shared a door and main entry way with the bigger room next to us, and they were a rather big and loud family that was up very early and back in very late, and we heard every single door click and conversation. But, we were on vacation, and so were they, so "it's all good!" .. My third and final complaint is the uppity people who would come to the front desk and loudly announce how HORRIBLY UNHAPPY THEY WERE WITH THEIR SMALL TINY DARK ROOM! HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME THIS WAY! (pretty sure they stole those lines from these past reviewers) ... all i can say to that is, thanks for runing my vacation with your disgusting attitude, and WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! ... main point, you're on vacation, so enjoy every bit of it! stop comparing your hotel to the other high-end resorts on the island and you will have a fabulous time! you will have a complaint about one thing or another no matter where you stay, so get over it, and yourselves! kahana falls gives you an amazing stay for the price you pay, and i think the staff and "private, quiet" feel of the resort make up for any minor issues you may find! It's a very happy place and gives you that "island vibe"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kahana Falls rests just steps from the beach on the west coast of Maui. Enjoy the lush landscaping, splashing waterfalls and wonderful amenities of this tropical resort. Each one- and two-bedroom unit offers a partial or full kitchen, air conditioning, lanai and much more. Our on-site activities desk will help you see the best of Maui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Kahana Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Falls Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Falls Maui/Lahaina