“Awesome service, top quality rentals, great guys!” 5 of 5 stars

808 250 6258
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Skimboard lessons, rentals and advice. Maui, Hawaii.
Portland, OR
“Awesome service, top quality rentals, great guys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

During my recent visit to Kaanapali the shorebreak was big and beautiful and it got me hankering to get out on a skimboard. Problem is, none of the surf schools or rental shops on the island I contacted rents skimboards - let alone top quality ones you need to shred the big waves... The hotel activities concierge at the Alii was downright rude and dismissive when I asked where to rent saying there are too many "liability issues" with skimboards and that I should really just consider getting a boogie board or stay on the beach until the surf calmed down - those waves are just too big! Riiiight...

Enter Skim Hawaii - I called them up and within an hour they dropped by my hotel with a selection of really nice Victoria boards to choose from and I was out on the water minutes later while the waves were still perfect. Sean, the owner, is highly knowledgeable and a great guy to work with. I'd highly recommend taking a lesson with him if you don't have any experience or meeting up for a skim session if you do - he has a lot of really helpful advice on technique and is a great guy to hang out with.

My sore muscles and memories of skimming the big, beautiful waves off Kaanapali Point are the highlights of my trip to Maui and Sean made it all happen so smoothly and easily I cannot say enough good things about his company and service. Thanks Sean for filling the void in quality skimboard rentals and instruction and making it possible for me to get out and enjoy the waves!!

Visited March 2012

Draper, UT
“Skim boarding makes for a great beach day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We were surprised that finding a skim board to rent in Maui was hard to come by. Luckily, we found Skim Hawaii. Sean brought a board right to our hotel and picked it up 3 days later. It was a very nice, high end Victoria board. Our only regret is not having time to schedule a lesson with Sean. Thanks for the rental and very reasonable prices!

Visited March 2012
“The best family beach experience in Hawaii was by far shown to us by Sean with Skim Hawaii!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

What a great experience skimming was for the kids! Sean with Skim Hawaii gave us superior service at a very reasonable price. This session of skimming was well worth it. He taught safety before beginnig the lesson, gave the kids a great show of what phenomenal skimming is all about and spent a good 2 hours coaching and encouraging! A must do when you get to Maui! Thanks Sean for everything! We can't wait to return to Maui for another skim lesson!

Burbank, California
“Great service, reasonable prices, and a fun trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

My family and I went to Maui in November 2011 and rented a skimboard for myself for the week. I have been skimming for 7 years and my parents wouldnt let me bring my boardso we rented from Maui Skimmers. He delivered as good quality foam board to us at our condo and let us drop it off at his work on the way home a few days later. He did not have the type of board I ride (a higher end model) but this one did the job for me! I would recommend renting a board here!

Visited November 2011
Seattle, Washington
“My Best Day On Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Enjoyed a long detailed lesson at Kaanapali Beach from a real pro skimboarder! They had everything, all I had to do was show up. When it was over I was able to rent the board for the the rest of the trip. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2011