“Happy Honu” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 238 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Seattle, Washington
“Happy Honu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Group of six, all happy with all food and drinks. Love the fried chickpeas served with drinks. Whole fish can serve more than two people and it's yummy.

Visited May 2013

Hilo, Hawaii
“Overpriced and just "okay".”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall it was overpriced and I left still hungry. The food was just okay and we will not return. I have to admit after reading some reviews on Tripadvisor I was expecting much more as I have never been let down by TA before, so this was a first. The view was great and the service was decent but overall I can only give it 3/5. There are plenty of other options in Maui that are much better and priced lower.

Visited June 2013
Vancouver, B.C
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was one of the restaurants on my to-do list....After going to their sister resto Ma'la ocean tavern and being thoroughly impressed with their food, I wanted to try out Honu.
I had the Osso Bucco as I was eating a lot of fish and wanted to take a little break from it and this was by far the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!
The pork was fall of the bone perfect in an AMAZING sauce with creamy creamy grits and veggies. The combination of the creamy grits and tender pork was out of this world!
My boyfriend had the pepperoni pizza which he loved because it was thin crust and cooked in a brick oven (very european) but for me was a bit salty (I'm not a pepperoni fan) but if I was it would be amazing!

The boyfriend ended up finishing my Osso Bucco as it was a LOT of food, and I have never heard him make noises like that before while eating lol. He LOVED it!!!

The staff and service ROCK! will def be back again next time!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
California
“Would definitely go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were seated right away right by the water. Unfortunately we came at night but we could tell this would be awesome during the day or at sundown. The waitress is very nice and the food delicious. The only complaint is that no bread or crackers came wih our soup. We had to ask for crackers and by the time they came we were half way done with the soup. Otherwise it was a very nice place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Great restaurant in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Mark Ellman continues to raise the bar with his restaurants on Maui. Mala is terrific and so is Honu. It is well worth a visit and make sure you are there for the sunset. The view is amazing. Like Mala the appetizers are delicious. You can bring some friends and just make a small plate dinner like we did. They come in different portions, so if there is a dish that everyone really wants, order the "entree" (main for us in New Zealand) size. The Ahi bruchetta is our favorite and the pizzas are really, really good. Definitely give it a go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere